Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 27th January, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Those that are suffering get well soon.

Have a good day all, take care, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well, God bless
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

You are good doing Steve's tax return as that is not an easy job.
Well done you

You sound as if you had a good day Mandy.

Good luck with the stove hunt Lynn

Wet and windy here. Was pouring when I got up but stopped long enough to get Teazle out. Think it is meant to dry up for the rest of the day.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
It was horrible at 5.30 this morning when Dillon needed to go out. Bit better now intermittent sunshine but wet underfoot and such a cold wind.
Dillon seems to be suffering with his left hip a little will have to keep an eye on it he is due his yearly mot next month to keep his insurance valid so might need a chat with the vet.
Will up his supplements and at least we have fields now to walk him so can keep the impact of his joints.

Off out after breakfast to the glasswells at Bury st Edmunds to see if we can find a nice electric stove and possibly a surround or mantle of some kind. Then we can cal the builder back.

You're a good mum Moyra especially the way Steve treats you some days.
Hope you get a day day Sue.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Morning all. Sun trying to come out here so it might come your way Sue. Off to feed the birds now that it is drying up. Have a good day all. Going to read more of the book that I am reading called Beneath the Cypress Tree. Anyone else read it?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2019, 12:51 PM
'morning everyone
Mrs. Harvey is now walking a little better (still with the frame) and is not having any pain which is a relief. She has a return trip to the hospital tommorrow for a check up with the physio guy.

Well done Moyra on the tax thing. I hated doing it

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Off out after breakfast to the glasswells at Bury st Edmunds to see if we can find a nice electric stove

You're probably on your way now but if you are BSE you could look at Marlows, last time I was in there they had a huge range of electric fires designed to fit in fire places.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon all.

Cold and the breeze is slowly picking up today, but a nice morning all the same. Plenty of folk have come into Skeg for the day so quite busy for the time of year. Unfortunately, many have brought their dogs and many of the dogs haven't been taught good manners. Couple that with them being off lead on the prom and it does spoil it a bit.

OH has washed the car. He must be crackers in this cold weather when you can get it done for a fiver in town, but, hey ho, that's men for you - especially Yorkshire men who make the Scots look generous (only joking - no offence meant to Yorkies or Scots).

Youngest son is having problems with his ex-wife yet again. My grandson has now started work so, obviously, maintenance payments for him stop. Both the kids just about live with my son anyway. The oldest goes home one night a week and the youngest (15) spends most of her time with him, but not only does the ex-wife want full maintenance payments to continue, she also wants to increase them. Me thinks that karma has finally bitten her on the bum and the loss of tax credits and family allowance stopping the the oldest is hitting hard. Couldn't happen to a nicer lady. Perhaps her partner will have to work full time now instead of part time. They've screwed the system for years - payback time.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Hospital eye checkup
Just been this afternoon for the eye checkup and good news no change since last time. They actually said they cannot understand why I was stopped from driving originally. So I lost 18 months of driving experience for no reason.

I think the original eye surgeon was being over careful to protect his backside
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Chris, people like that pee me off, it should be what's right for the children...if they stay with your son, she should pay him towards their care or just not ask a penny from him.
My brother went to view a flat yesterday in Hastings...on the square, he will live part time there and part time his place in London, he is having a think about it...I think it's lovely
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone, very blustery here today. But it was really bright earlier so me & Lauryn took Rosie on a long walk round Waingroves woods, lovely place that we can walk from our house to. I’ll add a couple of pics for you.
Chris I agree with Griff people like that really annoy me, karma will get her
Griff hope your brother likes the flat, is Hastings far from you?
Tweed glad your eyes are ok & that it was good news.
Lynn did you find the stove you wanted? Hope it was a successful trip out
Losos glad Mrs Harvey is doing ok, I had Hydro therapy, that was a huge help for me.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	26DD94FF-0612-4243-A39B-E250B22BC716.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	6053   Click image for larger version

Name:	E9E666EF-8467-44EE-AFCD-954E5E8E30A8.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	6054   Click image for larger version

Name:	50BFEB09-73FA-42FD-9DA8-62E30751465A.jpg
Views:	44