View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Well the vet checked Amber all over and agreed that she was overweight and that her lumps are all fatty tissue. She had no trouble cutting nails, glad they are done now and I have her flea spray and wormer pills for all next year. £312.16 but worth it to have her checked over too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Well the vet checked Amber all over and agreed that she was overweight and that her lumps are all fatty tissue. She had no trouble cutting nails, glad they are done now and I have her flea spray and wormer pills for all next year. £312.16 but worth it to have her checked over too.
You buy a year ahead? interesting think I would loose them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
And good afternoon from me Hope you all had a good day. It's been cold here. It got up to 4°C.
But we walked as we dog people do. But.....

Max got his flea drops yesterday. We take his collar off so we can put the drops on the back of his neck. This morning when we went out I took his lead as usual - a contingency measure. Much good it would have done me. His collar was there on my office door when we got back.

Sounds like a nice day all round.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Afternoon all, quick pop in before work - again, will have done 35.5 hrs by the time I finish OMG shift on Friday afternoon ( I know lots of people work more than me but I am only contracted to do 22)
I went to SW this morning, back on tract after a few weeks not following the plan but I’ve lost 4.5lb then had coffee with a few of my sw friends.
Came home, sorted Rosie - she’s not liking today, I’m with her , it’s very cold & don’t know if it’s rain or snow in air - brrr
I will be back tonight, get home about 9pm. Hope you’ve all had a good day bfn

9pm is cold stay warm. Although saying that still light about 4.40 pm which is excellent really not long now fair weather dog walkers out and about.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Evening all, I have the lurgy.... again!!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Sounds like a nice day all round.
Perhaps it shows the bond we have.

tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Lynn

Do I need a chimney sweep certificate?
Yes, most insurance companies require you to have you chimney swept yearly. Yes, all qualified chimney sweeps hand out certificates after each sweep for your household insurance. Yes, a draw test will be carried out before a certificate is issued.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We don't use ours but were very lucky. The previous owners used wet logs and the chimney got caked up. The sweep we had said all it needed was a spark to go up the chimney and the whole lot would have caught fire due to the cinders deposited inside the chimney
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2019, 09:39 PM
We have our certificate Barry and we knew we needed one having had a wood burner at the previous house.
You are right especially for insurance purposes you should have one and your chimney swept every year if you use your fire or burner through the winter months.
We feel at the previous house the chimney had not been swept frequently same as yours.
Apple logs can cake your chimney to and all sorts of very heavy sap logs if not seasoned long enough.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2