Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 08:33 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 10th December, 2018

Good morning everyone. I hope that you and your lovely four legged friends are all fit and well.

Very cold out there this morning and getting colder by the day. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Quite a pleasant day today out there. Short walk with Dillon as Gorden stayed at home waiting for Dillon's food delivery which has arrived and now in his freezer. Now waiting for SSE to change the pre-prepayment meters to payment meters. Plus ask some questions about privately contracting a gas safe engineer to move it outside and price.
Through your actual supplier not who you pay your pay your bill to but in our case Cadent gas it is quite expensive. The price of what we thought to pay for both gas electric to be moved outside.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Hooray gas meter done just waiting for electric meter man now.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Morning all

I've had a busy weekend, Lizzie and myself went to see family and my special friend on Saturday, had a lovely catch up with them all. My niece has grown loads since the last time I saw her. Really enjoyed it, went to the crem and put Mum, Dad, and Grandad a lovely mini christmas tree on, and turned the lights on, they run on batteries. My brother will take it off in the new year and plant it in his garden, like he did last year.

Lizzie and I stopped off for a meal out on the way home which was lovely.

Yesterday we had Lizzies friend stay over and was just busy all day.

I've been and picked up husbands prescription this morning, haven't lost this one and have sorted the lounge out and whizzed through the house so we can go and choose our tree tomorrow, we're late getting the decs sorted this year. I've found half the kitchen in Lizzies room this morning, mugs, glasses and alike

Nothing else planned for today, just washing cat trays etc to be done.

Have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Morning all
Lynn, it's so very expensive to move metres. Pleased you have managed to get switched off pre payment metres
Moyra, hope you are o.k
Went out last night and one of the lads I have known for years and years was outside....as I walked through the door he commented how nice my bum looked in my dress lol he then decided to tell my dad the same who wasn't impressed hahahaha.
Morning Sal.... you snuck in there! Pleased you had a lovely time visiting family
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Sal, Griff and all who follow

Pleased at least one meter is sorted Lynn.

Glad you had a good day out with family and friends Sal.

Ignore dad and take the compliment Griff

Lovely morning here. Up early as Barry had the dentist at 9.00am and he is such a worry wort with time. Left him sitting on the wall outside waiting for them to open whilst I nipped to a shop. Then down to a garden centre as they had their Christmas lights at half price so have bought some battery operated ones with a timer to put on a hedge against the. house. Have wanted to do this since we moved in.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Electric meter now changed over to.
Yes griff it is very expensive moving meters from inside to outside. We will probably go ahead and move the gas meter outside and live with the electric meter in the spare bedroom. That one doesn't take up so much room plus I am a bit ocd about having a gas meter in my bedroom. Under stairs cupboards I have no issue with or somewhere else but not in the bedroom.
Shade up in the hall lovely one we bought when we did our kitchen up at Fennels in Harlow and then when we moved nowhere it would fit so in the loft it went for 5 years.
It now has pride of place in the hallway.

griff yes accept the compliment noce to get them. Dads are all the same I think re: their daughters being fancied.
Sue I am hoping we will get some outside lights out the front this year we have a fence just begging for some. We also have some gutter lights hoping Gorden can get them done to.

Had a call from the window people two new bedroom windows and stable door at the front being done on the 21st. We are their last job before Christmas.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Lynn, I am the same about boilers and gas metres...I don't like those in bedrooms
Sue, can you get battery operated outdoor lights then? I wanted to get some and go to Steve's while he was at work and put them up lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2018, 06:53 PM
griff you can get the battery lights from garden centres like Sue has or B&M, poundstretcher and poundworld whatever it calls itself now and lots of other similar sorts of shops.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Yes Griff you can use some outside just check the box. I have also wrapped a plastic bag round the battery box just to be safe.

I got mine from Wyvale as it is them who have the special offer on if you have one near you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >