Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 08:40 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 1st December, 2018

Good Morning everyone, I trust both you and your four legged friends are all fit and well.
Must get Amber out for her walk, doesn't look very nice out there.

Have a great day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God Bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you managed to sort the doctor Sal.

What a wonderful age Dexter has reached. You just spoil him Griff he deserves it. As for loss of weight it could be his age and nothing else.

I agree not a nice day in fact it is foul! Raining hard and quite windy so other than housework and cooking lunch I think that is me done for the day

Hope all tow and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 10:43 AM
It's chucking it here too, shall be of to the shop and walking the dogs and that's it!
Lol...I don't know how I could spoil Dex anymore than I do, he is ruined! I am his own personal slave lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue. griff and all to follow.
Has been raining here but more like drizzle than hard rain.

Gorden just popped to the tip again we made a mistake with the bins yesterday green one at Upwell was recycling and black bin kitchen waste etc., Here green bin general kitchen waste and blue bin recycling we had managed to fill both with recycling between us us thinking it wa general waste and forgetting the bin was wrong put our some black bags in the top of recycling which should of gone yesterday and back bags with general waste in nothing got taken.
Off to the tip again we went and the bloomin boot door fell on my head OUCH!!!!! and Gorden is going back today with the heavier bulky waste.
Then some blind fitting and moving some furniture around in the 2nd bedroom.

Tomorrow a day off we are driving to Mark and Laurens then they are driving to biggleswade we are going to a Wetherspoons for lunch and meeting up with George and Owen.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Good afternoon on this miserable, murky day.

We were very lucky this morning as the rain held off for most of our time out so, apart from it being dark and dingy, at least we stayed mainly dry.

It's so dark it feels more like 8 pm than 1 pm. Depressive and the light is going on because this sort of half light tends to give me a headache.

I'm forever muddling up the collections for the bins Lynn. I'm OK with which bin to use, but working out which one goes out when is my bugbear. I tend to rely on looking what everyone else has put out these days. I blame it on getting old
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Afternoon peeps, Reading through the above posts makes me in a silly mood. If it is age Griff then hopefully I will lose weight soon. I think he is amazing and it is all down to your tender care. Blind fitting reminds of the joke about the blind man knocking at the door and when the lady of the house said who is it and he said a blind man she opened the door in her all together having just stepped out of the bath and forgetting to put a towel round her. Anyway you can all get up from rofling now. tt.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Afternoon all

Had a nice morning/afternoon christmas shopping with Lizzie and Tom, and sorted most of it, my brother, sister in law, niece, stepmum and special friend are all sorted now, just trying to wrap and sort it all out, task in itself when you have cats that think its playtime!

O/H has a mood on cos I was out, tough cookies, I have stuff to do and sort out. Letter back to the council regarding the council tax has gone back, they gave me budget sheets to fill in, and want them back by the 10th dec, they won't suspend the payments until husbands tribunal for his PIP has been heard, so I've made an offer of payment which will be refunded when the decision on the claim is overturned but until then I have to pay it.

And whilst husband has a mood on, it's my chance to wrap and sort stuff, I refuse to be around him when he's sulking.

Weather has been soggy all day here, although it did stop raining while we were out but now dark and raining again.

Enjoy the rest of your day all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
we made a mistake with the bins yesterday green one at Upwell was recycling and black bin kitchen waste etc., Here green bin general kitchen waste and blue bin recycling we had managed to fill both with recycling

Hi Lynn, I wouldn't worry about it. Would help if the councils could get some standardisation on these things. TBH I'm starting to be slightly irked by the councils and the entire recycling thing. For example I discovered there are thousands of different types of plastic, many types can't be recyled, are we all suposed to be petro chemical engineers now Mony Don on his gardening program pointed out that old black plastic flower pots are not suitable, so that means all black plastic food trays might just as well go in the black bin, likewise buble wrap and allegedly shreded paper as well.

My policy now is paper, cardboard, & tin cans BLUE bin and everything else BLACK bin (We do also have a BROWN bin for garden waste which is easy)

The only reason I know tin cans and paper are OK together is because I know they have a great big magnet that sucks up the cans. Anything aluminium goes in the black bin in this house
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2018, 04:28 PM
It's a minefield Harvey. In Harlow and Upwell we also had food waste recycling here we do not you put it in general kitchen waste.
Sure we will get used to it when you're trying to get things unpacked it all gets a bit much remembering where things go.

Sal glad you had a good time shopping sorry to hear it has made OH grumpy.

Dillon had a bad case of what us in the Bernese world call the gulps. It is basically indigestion and they rush out to eat grass or any plant matter they can find.
We did bring a bit of grass with us for this reason but it seems for today not enough so Goren leashed him up and took over the park. In Upwell he had a who;e garden full of grass and vegetation.
He did start eating some of the plants Michael and Margaret brought us.
I looked up safe plants for dogs and popped to the b&m garden centre and managed to pick up a few and a pot we had soil and he now has a point planted.
Sometimes a bit of bread and gaviscon helps but he didn't want the bread today.
About 1/2 hour ago he did some big farts so had a bad case of wind.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
About 1/2 hour ago he did some big farts so had a bad case of wind.

Casey will eat grass also when on his walks. It's only a few blades but he's a devil for discarded paper towels, if I see him lunging towards one I grab him (if possible) but sometimes he's too quick for me. If they are something that someone used to blow their nose it doesn't bear thinking about wish people wouldn't do that.

His pooh has been much improved the last six months, although he does still get the occassional runs it's not often and he eats well and finishes his bowl, sometimes I have to hand feed him the last few granules.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >