Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 08:03 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 12th August.

Good morning all, Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Morning Moyra
We have sunshine...yay, now who would like to bet that when i go put a bikini on the sun goes in??
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Sue noticed that grass was growing from the downpipe roof gutter at the front of the house. Now no way am I climbing up an extended ladder to get it out.

So out comes my skyvac. The normal end bit didn't touch it so had to use another with an extended bit made for fitting down drainpipes. Took a bit of juggling but eventually sucked it out.

What a fantastic tool that is, yet another £60/80 callout charge saved

Also been to a plumbing centre for a new shower mushroom drain cover for the shower tray ,so for me an exciting morning
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Good morning Moyra, Griff and all who follow

Hope you manage to keep the sun for a bit Griff.

Been busy this morning. Went into Eastbourne for a new drain cover for the shower unit. Lovely plumbing shop nothing too much trouble and even brought out a couple of bits to see if they were the same size as we don't know the make of our unit. Cloudy with a few spots of rain.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Wow, Tumbleweed, that tool has deffo been worth the money hasn't it!
Sue, i loooove little shops like that, i can spend hours in proper little diy shops...you find all manner of stuff in there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Afternoon Moyra, griff, Barry, Sue and all to follow.

Weather not to bad here cool and overcast. Been to Brandon park with Dillon. Met two lovely dogs one is wary of big dogs but trotted up to Dillon and they had a sniff of each other then Dillon laid down and the other dog came and said hello to Gorden and myself. His owner was very surprised and thought she was going to be traipsing through the bushes as usual when a big dog came along.
We both said we think they can tell the friendly ones.
Sat at the cafe having a sausage roll and coffee and a couple with a black lab came along allowed it to say hello to Dillon then asked if Dillon was friendly and it then lunged at him and snapped. Dillon is very good at bouncing backwards. They reckoned it was because it was on lead. I reckon it's always like that.
Gorden said cheek asking if Dillon was friendly.
They then went in the cafe and left it tied up outside a few feet away. Dillon sat upright in front of me and the table protecting us us we think.
Anyway no harm done just annoying.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Lynn, i reckon they ask if a dog is friendly so they know if their dog snaps they know it won't come off worse. i knew my dog was FA...i never took him near another dog, he had 2 friends who he could be trusted around..well 3 as he had diez but he never was allowed near another dog again...now if the dog approached him, there was nothing i could do
lovely day here, been in the garden, i look like i have a white bikini top on lol...lovely white bits, got to see a cardiologist thursday so that will be funny
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 02:02 PM
The Perseid Meteor Shower will streak across the sky of the United Kingdom this weekend, and the weather will offer the best viewing conditions on Saturday night.

Don't forget this tumbleweed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 02:29 PM
i wanted to see that Brenda but need to get up yo a dark field i reckon...might give it a go later
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Afternoon all. Just finished work off fo a week now. Go quite a bit I want to do including beating the creeping jenny that has invaded my front garden....its all over this year took my foot off the pedal I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >