register for free

Dog News

Anti-ageing dog trial could see pets live for an extra four years

Scientists have begun trialling the drug rapamycin on dogs to see if it could delay ageing and increase lifespan by up to four years.

Experiencing the death of a family dog is a miserable rite of passage for children and adults alike, but now scientists are conducting trials to try and increase the lifespan of pets.
More here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...our-years.html

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Nice find Ca. Rapamycin is an immune suppressant - not sure I'd want to use it on my dog. There are plenty of natural antimicrobials that would be a better option imo (because they are less indiscriminate). Rapamycin has also been linked to increased risk of lymphoma. Side effects also include joint pain and headaches.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Nice find Ca. Rapamycin is an immune suppressant - not sure I'd want to use it on my dog. There are plenty of natural antimicrobials that would be a better option imo (because they are less indiscriminate). Rapamycin has also been linked to increased risk of lymphoma. Side effects also include joint pain and headaches.
Side effects indeed..sheesh!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top