View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Round where I live, parking is quite difficult, opposite my house there is a marked bay just big enough for two cars, and there are a few people around here who think it's fine to park in the middle, so it becomes a large single bay and you end up having to either park outside the house on a yellow line with your disabled badge up and move the car within 3 hours or park a good distance away.

I try not to let it get to me, but it, really really, pi**es me off
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Im with esmed i really really cant stand chavs scrounging off the system. It totally bugs the sh*t out of me.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:18 PM
My pet hate is people that push into queues. Everyone stands tutting and moaning under their breath but, me being me, I'll always say, as loud as possible "Oi, do you think I'm standing here for a laugh. Get to the back and queue like the rest of us." Usually works.

Second pet hate is people parking over my drive. We live next to a school (my kids don't go there) so the lazy cow mothers park across my drive, instead of getting there early and getting a space. This is exactly at the time that I get back from picking my Son up. I just sit in the middle of the road and everyone has to wait until this person arrives back. The abuse they get from the drivers behind me is just brill I've even had one man actually park his car ON my drive. I blocked him in and gave him a really hard time for it. What a cheek, parking on someone's drive. He actually came and knocked the next day to apologise again, as he'd thought how out of order he had been. I'll let him off then This usually only happens for a few weeks after the September intake. Once they realise what a load of grief they get, they tend to park elsewhere

ETA - with regard the shopping thing, our local Tescos packs all your shopping for you. I just stand there and watch. Still hate shopping though, so I give the OH a list and he does it on his way home from work, when the shops aren't packed out.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:28 PM
All of the above with regard to supermarkets..much easier to get Tesco to bring it to the door.

Sales assistants who either don't even acknowledge your in their shop OR follow you around driving you nuts. Where's the happy medium? If they'd just say 'Good Morning, if there's anything you need, just shout' That would be perfect.

Chav kids on those b*****d BMX bikes on the pavement I got off the bus tonight and 3 of them were blocking the pavement so I squeezed between the little gits and walked past. I just got round the corner and they buzzed me from behind. One of them hit me with his handlebar so he got a mouthful. I got a load of grief back but not before I called him a little w****r! Terribly ladylike I know. Sounded like a fishwife!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Mmm far too many things to go into - i'd be on here all night !!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
My pet hate is people that push into queues. Everyone stands tutting and moaning under their breath but, me being me, I'll always say, as loud as possible "Oi, do you think I'm standing here for a laugh. Get to the back and queue like the rest of us." Usually works.

Second pet hate is people parking over my drive. We live next to a school (my kids don't go there) so the lazy cow mothers park across my drive, instead of getting there early and getting a space. This is exactly at the time that I get back from picking my Son up. I just sit in the middle of the road and everyone has to wait until this person arrives back. The abuse they get from the drivers behind me is just brill I've even had one man actually park his car ON my drive. I blocked him in and gave him a really hard time for it. What a cheek, parking on someone's drive. He actually came and knocked the next day to apologise again, as he'd thought how out of order he had been. I'll let him off then This usually only happens for a few weeks after the September intake. Once they realise what a load of grief they get, they tend to park elsewhere

ETA - with regard the shopping thing, our local Tescos packs all your shopping for you. I just stand there and watch. Still hate shopping though, so I give the OH a list and he does it on his way home from work, when the shops aren't packed out.
It's not so much the shopping bit, although I don't enjoy it, it's the way they hand you your change in one big lump and you end up all clumsy trying to juggle the change out your hand while keeping hold of the notes or the receipt. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Why can't they just give you your change first then the rest. I slam it down on the belt now and pick it up coin by coin...tut tutting of course
Elaine xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
If they continue at lightening speed, I simply stop packing completely and say slow down or I'm leaving without it and you can put it all back.
Love the attitude, Shirley - you go, girl

x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I get annoyed by people who have no spacial awareness!!
There's a reason for that Em.

Blokes have been telling us certain "things" that are obviously 6" are really 9" for soooo long, we started believing them, and now our spacial awareness is b*ggered
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:45 PM
[quote=Vicki;1666739]
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I get annoyed by people who have no spacial awareness!! QUOTE]
There's a reason for that Em.

Blokes have been telling us certain "things" that are obviously 6" are really 9" for soooo long, we started believing them, and now our spacial awareness is b*ggered
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 06:52 PM
In answer to the original question:

Supermarket checkout "girls" that think it is ok to talk to their mate standing at the end of the belt, or "anuvva checkout girl in the next checkaht" rather than getting on with the job of scanning my shopping, as they are paid to do. I didn't buy my old man ice cream to have it melt while these lazy little oiks do as little as possible......

Another thing....... (oh dear, I can feel a rant coming on)

People who I pull into the kerb for so they can come past me when there are too many parked cars, who just sail past me like fr*gging lady muck without saying thank you.

Last year (hot weather, car windows open) some tart did just this - as she drew level I screamed at her "YOU'RE WELCOME" - she nearly sh*t a brick

...and another thing....... people who don't say thank you when you open a door for them, or let them go first through a door. I always shout "MY PLEASURE" after their rude ar*es......

I'm sure there's more - I really AM a grumpy old woman but I am an extremely polite one until "they" p*ss me off!

x0x
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »