Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 06:00 AM

Daily Thread, Easter, Good Friday, 19th April, 2019

Good Morning everyone, HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL. I trust you and your four legged Buddies are all fit and well. Have a good Easter and don't over do the chocolate eggs.

The day has started nice and bright, please God I hope people don't start lighting up their smelly barbeques. Nothing worse than having beautiful weather and unable to open windows and doors because someone has lit up a dirty barbeque.

Have a good day all, enjoy some lovely weather, stay fit and well and above all keep SAFE! God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 07:30 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Happy Easter to everyone

Hopefully no BBQs near you this weekend Moyra

Lovely morning and quite warm. Have taken the chance to wash my winter coat so hope I dont jinks the weather Nothing planned except catching up on housework

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Morning each and those to come. Sunny here but nrt been for my walk yet. Have a good weekend. Chinese tonight and then back on track with diet.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Good morning all.

Happy Easter to all and to all a good Easter.

Plan today already started Gert been out back had boiled eggs for brekkie (me not her) although she gets the top of one when I have them.

Continuing the garden today my plan is fluid, I had a good idea what I wanted and what I had to do to achieve it and at the moment I am close to what I wanted. So pleased had a couple of quotes and they came in at the region of £2,500 ish so very pleased so far in my own efforts.

I know some things I could not or would not choose to do like slab laying over a large area as I am having done in the front after the Easter holidays due to the fact I have little patience to level things over large areas let alone lift lay,lift reset lay over and over. Not for me nor lugging 3m sleepers around and cutting joining etc.

Anyhow another skip journey beckons so speak later people have a good day all. Must say I love the smell of BBQ's means summer is here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Beautiful day here today took Dillon out early but he wasn't really interested in a walk today more interested in having his breakfast and us all sitting on the old sofas outside.
So we have done are doing that had breakfast out there and watching the birds that visit.

I also have out winter dog walking coats in the washing machine.

Happy easter to everyone and hope all are well and all four legged friends to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Fuming.....van parked on the drive, the fella next door said it as o.k!! I am literally going to keep lol them
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Good afternoon all.

Beautiful day, terrible congestion on the roads.

Took us double the time to get to town and then there were so many people that we did brekkie and just walked round the lake today, finishing with a drink at the cafe at the top of the lake that doesn't get many going in as it's a bit more remote.

Tomorrow we'll go in earlier and stick to the back roads. Think it may be the lake again though.

We live 7 miles from town. Coming home the traffic going the other way (towards town) was backed up all the way home. Good luck to anyone going in at that time because I doubt they'll get parked when they do actually arrive
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Goodness griff I hope you get it sorted.
Chris guess this weekend will be busy in Skeggy especially as we have a lovely heatwave.

Spent most of the day in the garden deadheading plants in pots mostly just sitting on the old sofa with Dillon.
Watching birds flit in and out mostly Sparrows nesting in next doors eaves. Mum and dad Blackbird nesting somewhere on the waste land and the odd Starling.
Watched a pair of Buzzards wheeling around and watched the geese fly over they were on the field yesterday.
We have learnt about blackbirds body language. Dad Blackbird was taking mealworms from a pot and he could hear a shrill noise must of been mum he froze was stock still for at least 5 mins then went off making his alarm call they were both making an alarm call for a quite a while.
All well though both been back eaten more mealworms and dad had a bath.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Meant to say lovely photo of Teazle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Chris, I remember that well!! Don't envy you
Lynn, sounds like a nice way to spend the day
Hmmmm, well I don't think this will be the last problem we have, I am literally on the verge of snapping, I actually had to leave the house today.