Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 06:56 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 11th October

Good morning all. quite dull and overcast this morning and none too warm either.

Well late again this morning but I hate these dark mornings.

Hope everyone is well. June hope the girls behaved themselves last night.

Lynn is it today you get your car back? Lets hope it is as good as gold.

Mandy, hope you do not mind the overtime. Griff hope you are ok today.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2016, 08:00 AM

That is from the Romney hythe and Dymchurch railway

Good morning all. Got a little bit of work to do today removing rest of bush stump and have a filling in a tooth to be done this afternoon.
Apart from a nice meal in a local pub midday yesterday not much else happening
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Dull and grey this morning and cooler. Everything was undisturbed Moyra, she had a slight attack of Nortinrss yesterday morning but doesn't seem that struck by house bricks being the only thing available.
Got the bone run later, will give them a ring in a while.
Barry, I read the plaque but it didn't make any sense to me
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Glad Zen is gradually learning not to tear her bed apart.

This is terrible business with these clown set up scaring people and carrying weapons.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Morning all
Moyra...i just don't get the clown thing at all, i seriously reckon if people try it here they will get the (excuse my french) sh*t kicked out of them
Lynn, hope when you get the car back it goes well
Tumbleweed, hope you get on o.k at the dentist
TW, hope you find a decent price on the shavings
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2016, 09:51 AM
TW. it refers to the ammunition and supplies run up and down the south Kent coast during WW2 to the gun emplacements by this engine.

This is the size of the trains

Well that bush stump is OUT and what a sod it was, without the chain saw it would have been impossible. The roots were the size of a small arm and digging around them a nightmare. Still we now have a nice big hole to fill in. Sue wants to put a small Acacia tree in it instead, but that is her dept.
if it were up to me garden Gnomes would fill the space
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Turning out nice here today.

Yes today hopefully the car will be ready to be picked up after he has put it through it's final steps. Tele was playing up this morning no signal we have a bt view box to and it was a total nightmare.
Mark said he had pressed a button by mistake underneath the standby button last night and with me pulling things around a cable had come out to. Mark sorted it and all is well now. I am watching a series on netflix (occupied) and thought oh no won't be watching that for a while.

I agree the clown thing is scarey whatever possesses people to do these things ? Some sherriff in a town in the US has said he will shoot them if he catches them threatening people in his town again.

Hope bone runs and fillings go well also hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you get the car back today Lynn an all goes well with it.

Don't blame you having a lie in Moyra it will doe you good and I am sure Amber would prefer to walk in daylight than with a torch strapped to her head

Hope the shavings are a good price and that the bone run goes well June. At last Zen has realised she needs a house to live in

I hope you are feeling a little better now Griff.

Lovely day here. Changed bed and all is now on the line. Teazle walked, a prescription for Barry dropped a t doctors and library run done. I did help a little with the stump removal (I got in the way as Barry would say) and have also planted the free daffodil bulbs I got yesterday. I love Japanese acers and I think one will fit in perfectly where the bush was so that is my next project dig that patch over and mix with compost then bury a nice tree.

Whilst Barry is sitting having his tooth drilled Teazle and I will have a nice walk along the sea front and perhaps a paddle in the sea for her.

Have a nice day and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Good morning Lynn

All these the gadgets are a nightmare. I updated the software on my computer a couple of weeks ago and then couldn't watch Iplayer as it said I need to install flash. Well flash is installed and every other channel works but not BBC so dearest son has shown me a way round and I have to change the settings to say I am using an iPad but at least I can catch up on anything I have missed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Morning all! Cloudy here but not too cold. OH and I cut the meadow grass yesterday - only took us about 3 hours including the raking up, so that means cutting the grass from spring to autumn only takes us 3 hours for the whole period - how cool is that! Before, when it was rye grass, it took me at least an hour and a half every week, if not more, plus we don't have to house a mower so I am well pleased with our decision to go wild! Next year will be even better when I will cut down most of the wild flowers such as the ox eye daisies that grow very tall and thick and kill off the meadow grass, so it will be even easier to scythe next autumn. We revealed hundreds of enormous slugs so the thrushes, blackbirds etc. had a field day! We also rescued a huge toad unstrimmed thank goodness - I put him in the border where ivy and honeysuckle run riot. He will love it in there.

I shall never have an ordinary lawn again, this native stuff is brilliant!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >