Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiec
New Member!
Female 

15-01-2009, 06:56 PM

E&L pet insurance

I went with e&l as they cover dogs over 8 years old and £17 per month seemed, reasonable over the last 18-24months it has risen to £22.50 (this is the latest increase). I have made no claims and this seems rather high does anyone insure their pet who is over 10 fora reasonable cost or would it be better to set up a doggy bank account
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I have just had renewals through for my 3 oldies (aged 9, 9 and 11) which came to the pricely sum of just under £60 per month EACH !!

So I have changed to E&L - a lesser policy, but adequate (I hope) at a cost of just over £18 per calendar month each. So I suggest you stick with them.

I found them via moneysavingexpert.com

Thalice's mum
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't go near E & L with a barge pole, have heard nothing but bad reports about them and when I dealt with the insurance claims at the surgery E & L were the worst at paying out claims.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

28-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by susanatlasinski View Post
I wouldn't go near E & L with a barge pole, have heard nothing but bad reports about them and when I dealt with the insurance claims at the surgery E & L were the worst at paying out claims.
Me neither Susaanatlasinski

They did pay out for me but it took quite a while and they also had a habit of increasing the premium with no prior notice and a few months down the line you noticed that more was being taken off your bank account and when you contacted them you did not get a satisfactory explanation as to why this had happened .

I also did not find them good value for money, but it has been many years since I was last with them and as you quote I would not touch them with a barge pole either.

There are much better companies out there who pay out quickly and offer a better policy for your money.

It is really a matter of searching around and finding ahat is best for you and your dogs, and reading the small print.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Have to agree they do not have a good name and an insurance company is only as good as their reaction to your insured problem, or what you thought was insured.
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
I was with E&L many years ago and they took their time paying out it took lots of phone call and in the end i had to growl at them luckily my vets were understanding, give them a wide birth they are good at taking your money each month but not at paying out.
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I too had major problems with E&L. I won't go into details on here, but you want to know I will pm you the details. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now. It seriously is a case of false economy. The cheaper prices certainly do reflect......
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Interesting that you say that E&L kept increasing policy premiums.This hapened to me - no warning just went up and up.When I contacted them I was told that my policy was improved and increased cover compared to my previous policy.
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
£22 seems alot for dog insurance. I'm only paying slightly more than that for my horse insurance with them! I'd definately get away from them. I'm only stuck with them as I have declare my treatment etc if I go elsewhere.

I gave up having pet insurance for my dog and now keep some money in an emergency savings account.
perroloco
New Member!
Female 

04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Hello

Am brand new on here but can only reitterate further on E&L. I was with them and not only did they not cough up the claim money, but I had to threaten them with taking them to the FSA to get my money back.

My vet absolutely hates E&L and said that they have caused so many people heartache, including a man whose beloved dog had to be put down following being run over, and they point blank refused to pay the costs that he had definitely had covered. It took 18 months for it to be resolved, each time the man breaking his heart over hearing the dog's name mentioned in letters.

They are atrocious - avoid avoid avoid
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >