Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Nope - the pharmacist was simply doing her job in accordance with UK law.

From DEFRA:

Pharmacists must not otherwise supply human medicines over the counter if they are intended for animal administration, even where oral authorisation from a veterinary surgeon has been given – a written prescription is required

The girl would have lost her job, simple as that.

So it isn't Tesco or any other pharmacies fault - if you want to moan at someone then send a letter to the government.
WOW!
I didn't know that

maybe over here in Germany it's the same

think next time I'm coming into a pharmacy, I'll ask for
never heard about that before

thanks for enlightening
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Bev, what a pain! That'll explain why I was refused Junior Kaolin when I was asked by the pharmacist how old was my baby - and I said it was for my dog.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I hope Lily is feeling better. I always say that any meditation I buy is for me as they are not allowed to sell it for animals. You'll know next time.
waifsnstrays
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I must of been lucky then as i sent my partner for a bottle of benylyn chesty cough for kids as advised by my vet for my dogs sore throat similar to tonsillitis and she said what age for so he told them for the dog and she said she'd heard of it loads of times and there was no problem and it worked wonders
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Soooo what age should we say 'the child' is so as to buy anything from a chemist
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I learnt that lesson years ago when I wanted to buy some Golden Eye ointment for my dog! I get Piriton now for my dog from Tesco and just keep quiet!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
You can buy the Zantec (Ranitidine 75mg) equivalent in a lot of places not just Tescos. Just go into your chemist and tell them you want Ranitidine and not the brand name. If you google it, you can buy lots of meds cheaper online as well

Same with Piriton, I never ask for Piriton, I ask for Chlorphenamine, it's half the price , yet it's exactly the same drug without the brand name.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I took Lily to see the vet this morning as she was in pain with her tummy problems and was feeling sick and being a weekend and knowing how Lily goes I thought it best to get her checked, especially as she even refused a little chicken. I had already given her pro- kolin, Antepsin and Zantac liquid first thing this morning.
By the time we got there Lily was looking a little happier. The vet examined her and said she was tense in her tummy and still feeling sick, however she could not give her a shot of serenia to stop the sickness as Lily reacts badly to it and she was dubious about trying another one as we don't know how Lily would react to that, so I said i would rather not.
While there I got her to check Lilys eyes as she has been rubbing at them for some time, they were fine and I got her anal glands emptied.
She gave me 30 more tramadol as she said Lily can have those for her tummy pain and to keep up with the pro kolin, the Antepsin and if Lily didn't like the Zantac liquid to go to Tesco and get it in tablet form. She wrote strength and dosage on one of her cards for me.
For all this my bill come to £17 so I was very very pleased with that.

I then went to Tesco to get the Zantac and the assistant said they had a Tesco version , which the vet said she could have, for £1.25. So i said i would have 2 packs of them. As the assistant was ringing it up on the till, she noticed my vet card with it all written on and asked if it was for an animal. I told her my vet had told me to come and buy it for my dog and the stupid assistant then refused to sell it to me . So I said well i will say its for me then but she told me I was too late , so i said i would come back and get it later for myself and she said don't bother coming back while I am here today as I won't sell it to you.
To say I am peed off is an understatement. What difference does it make to them, its not a dangerous drug, and the vet had written down to get it. She was such a jobsworth
Hi That must have been very annoying,did you go to another chemist.I hope Lily is better today crystalgirl
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Its not Tesco thats at fault here, its the vet for not dispensing the correct drug, by prescription.

Tesco will always comply with the LAW.

So next time you get refused anything 'medical' whether pharmacutical or Optical, just remember its not the 'jobsworth' little girls fault, they are complying with the LAW.
I work in this industry and I wont deviate from the law as I will, personally, be fined £16,000.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
Its not Tesco thats at fault here, its the vet for not dispensing the correct drug, by prescription.

Tesco will always comply with the LAW.

So next time you get refused anything 'medical' whether pharmacutical or Optical, just remember its not the 'jobsworth' little girls fault, they are complying with the LAW.
I work in this industry and I wont deviate from the law as I will, personally, be fined £16,000.
I didn't realise it was the law at the time, but as several people helpfully pointed out to me further up this thread, it is. So I did post to say I realise this now and wouldn't expect anyone to break the law for me. I was in the wrong there obviously.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >