View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:06 PM
When I had two male boxers they where fed together same food same area same time no problems.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Ours are fed at the same time, they usually watch us prepare it and then it is either fed to them in their crates, they hop in waiting!

Or they are fed in the same room, they are quite happy to have the bowls almost next to each other and will let the other finish their food, if they finish and walk away they will sometimes go and sniff around the others bowl to make sure they havent left any!!

We havent done anything special in thinking about feeding them, it just seems that they are happy enough to be around each other.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
We havent done anything special in thinking about feeding them, it just seems that they are happy enough to be around each other.
Me too! It never crossed my mind there would be a problem, and that is maybe a bit of the reason that there isn't. I know some dogs DO have problems with this)

I feed the cat in the same area, but I would be pushing it a bit if I thought they would leave HIM alone if I wasn't hovvering
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
My three are fed together in the kitchen, they know which corner they are supposed to be and sit and wait while i sort it out,
i then put their food down and they wait until i say OK,

then Bruce and poppy will be finished within a couple of minutes, although i always stay in the kitchen, i then need to guard Megan and her dinner {as she eats at a very slow pace } and the other two would take it from her if i wasn't looking,

Megan is very laid back about dinner or anything really, Bruce is very food orientated and Poppy is just a greedy
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Mia runs into her crate and waits, Ben on the kitchen floor

He gets 10 mins then Mia washes his plate (although since I got Mia he has stopped being picky with food)
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Food in bowls, then Jamie gets his bowl first, then Deacon, then Codee and then Honey. Honey is a greedy guts who wolfs hers down and then steals the others, therefore she is fed last, to give the others a chance! They all eat in the kitchen, together.
The only variant is when we have a puppy here.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
All 3 get fed at the same time (well, I only have 2 hands so the order I give the food in is Flynn, Jed, Jessie) and they have their own places in the garden where they eat. They know their places so will move ahead of me and wait for their grub.

They all know not to approach the others whilst eating - cardinal rule I make them stick to - so there is never any growling or guarding.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Keiko eats in her crate, the others eat in the lounge. We feed our Mal seperately as they can be food aggressive, but the others eat together.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:34 PM
When I make the food I usually have a kitchen full of avid watchers

As soon as I pick up Kiba's food he legs it to his crate because that's where he likes to eat; he knows no-one else can get his food when he's in his crate.

Shini our current foster dog eats in the kitchen, however if I have boarders in who need feeding they will go in the kitchen and Shini will eat in the hallway or next to Kiba's crate.

Kiba wont touch another dog's food and I can put him in a sit wait and leave the room for 5 minutes knowing he wont touch it. Shini will leave it whilst I'm there watching him but if I turn my back he's got his snout in!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Most obedient to least obedient! lol.

They all have their own place in the kitchen, Angel's goes down first and he is made to sit and wait (leave), then Misty and Dita's usually down together (or Dita then Misty as she's the least patient), they are also made to 'leave' and they all get to start eating at the same time upon a given command that it is ok for them to 'eat'.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >