Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I'll be waiting to watch it, and hope to see some changes for the dogs from the last one.
Unless the dogs she uses in her followup have come from reputable breeders,I doubt it.

She could have done so much more towards educating the public on the correct way to buy a puppy, as has already been said the dogs she used to highlight problems were mostly from byb breeders with no health or pedigree back up.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Dogs Today is owned & run by an"ex"show breeder, whose dogs were some of the most inbred in the breed, she also used to work for the KC. I was appalled to see that some of the "breed"experts in her magazine are known puppy farmers or people who do no health tests & who breed for money.

The mutual admiration society of her & JH is sickening
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Dogs Today is owned & run by an"ex"show breeder, whose dogs were some of the most inbred in the breed, she also used to work for the KC. I was appalled to see that some of the "breed"experts in her magazine are known puppy farmers or people who do no health tests & who breed for money.

Thats terrible, how do these people get away with it
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Thats terrible, how do these people get away with it
Well she is still a Championship Show judge of the breed she is such a hypocrite as the dogs she so admires are very inbred(to one dog ) & then in her magazine she supports the breeding of"designer"mongrels
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Well she is still a Championship Show judge of the breed she is such a hypocrite as the dogs she so admires are very inbred(to one dog ) & then in her magazine she supports the breeding of"designer"mongrels
It beggars belief that this person is still in a position of trust and authority ! why is still in that position she should be given the push, i'm surprised she has any credibility at all given her opinions, i hope people wise up
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Unless the dogs she uses in her followup have come from reputable breeders,I doubt it.

She could have done so much more towards educating the public on the correct way to buy a puppy, as has already been said the dogs she used to highlight problems were mostly from byb breeders with no health or pedigree back up.
Well hopefully as she's using Fiona things will be more about healthy dogs this time, I mean the dog world surely can't be shook up so much for a second time can it?

I must admit I did email them once about one of their 'breed advisors' for Lurchers in their back page, as one of them was a website that I got shown before when asking about tumblers, and I questioned the ethics of a man who will use a dog for hunting hares two weeks before she had a litter (not sure whether it was pre or post ban, but my issue was using such a pregnant dog) and I never had a reply about it, and they are still a 'breed advisor'.

Heres the quote I sent from his website to bring it to their attention in a email.

Despite being a 'Tumbler', stamp ideally for rabbits - she hunted up - coursed and caught a winter hare two weeks prior to whelping a large litter of pups!
And heres a link, to me I don't think that thats highly ethical or anything, I don't know what others think about it.

http://www.lurchers.org.uk/otherdogs.htm
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2