Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2011, 11:34 AM

Harnesses.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I have recently come to realise that my little dog walks much better on a harness. I am currently using a halti harness but I only attach it to the ring on his back which is the same a regular harness I suppose.

The problem I find with the halti is that it is really fiddly to put on as he is a little wriggler and it is quite narrow so could possibly be quite uncomfortable after a while.

Can anyone recommend a comfortable, stylish, easy to put on harness that I can buy for my little man. He is a pug x, and weighs about 9 kilos.

Would love to see any pictures if you have any!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 11:48 AM
A really nice harness is the ergo tattoo harness, I got 2 from Acorn pets for Toro...
can't find a pic of Toro in hers but hers my wee foster in his ergo

...and another in a fleece harness I used to use, but found especially on Toro they were too hot she used to get a wee sweat rash on her chest...

and both together...

hopethat helps a wee bit x
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Oooh they're lovely! What little cuties your doggies are! Can I get these on line? They are just the kind of thing I'm after.

Jo
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Hope this works...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...w=1259&bih=557
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes it does, thanks!
Jo
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Have to admit i'm not a lover of harnesses,as soon as my collie sees a harness she starts looking for the start of a track as she associates harnesses with tracking, But very occasionall I use one on the papillon only to get her out of the way quicklyif need be otherwise the collies, pug, and pap all walk on collars
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Type into google Dog games harness.
They are fabulous and I used one with my Jack russell. They are so soft and padded they get no rubs from them and they are so simple to put on even I managed it.
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I used to walk him in a collar but he is very strong for such a little dog and pulls a lot. This leads to lots of snorting and choking sounds with is horrible. When I tried him with the harness he just relaxed and walks really nicely with hardly any pulling. My lab has a headcollar for the start of a walk but I take it off and use a regular collar when he has settled down.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:28 PM
My female walks better on a harness than anything else too despite logic, heehee We use ezydog harnesses, they have one which they claim is easy to put on and off:

http://www.ezydog.com/fxstore/produc...t-Harness.aspx

I have their other regular one, but she needs to step one leg into it.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 12:34 PM
If you can order from America and can stand to wait for it to come, I really recommend this harness:

http://www.petco.com/product/114765/...g-Harness.aspx

I found it when I was in America earlier this year, brought one home with me and have used it ever since! It's fantastic because my dog is a wiggler too and would never step into a harness or let me put her legs through the leg holes but with this one, the clip around her waist undoes completely so all I have to do to get it on her is put it over her head and then do up the clip around her waist.

I also like the fact that it is wider around the chest area because the harnesses I've used in the past were a bit thin and moved around a lot whereas this one stays put and distributes the weight a bit better
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >