Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:24 PM

He NEEDS an hour a day!

i have discovered that asbo NEEDS to be walked every day, for at least an hour!

sometimes when the weather is bad i dont bother taking the dogs out (they dont like the rain anyway, they both wont step out the door for a wee if its raining)

but i have discovered some disturbing behaviours with asbo if he doesnt get his daily walk. for instance, he chases his tail for ages, stops for a bit then starts again. he bounces around the furniture, he barks at things going past the window, he tries to dig holes in the garden, he destroys toys etc.

so now, asbo has a waterproof green coat, and he is going out rain or shine

so a word of warning to people who believe cresteds are handbag/lapdogs and dont need alot of exercise!!!

they NEED to be taken out like any normal dog. just because they are small and hairless, doesnt make them any less of a dog!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Completely apropos of nothing at all, I was wondering if a CC would be more comfortable and warner in a neoprene coat/suit and do they make them?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Every dog needs walking unless they have health or other problems. I don`t really get why you`re surprised.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Completely apropos of nothing at all, I was wondering if a CC would be more comfortable and warner in a neoprene coat/suit and do they make them?
erm im not too sure.... asbos coat goes over his back, fastens round his neck and then under his belly, its fleecelined inside, but i take it off him when hes running around like a loon, he just has it on if its a bit blustery down the main roads. he doesnt seem to get too cold, but then again i know i hate being in the rain and it hitting bare skin, so can understand why he doesnt much like it!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Every dog needs walking unless they have health or other problems. I don`t really get why you`re surprised.
im not suprised, but daphni is quite happy to miss a walk, shes generally not fussy, quite a lazy little pooch and as long as she is sat with you (and i mean at least one part of her has to be touching one part of you ) but asbo is completely different in character.

it wasnt that im a suprise, but more of a warning to people who believe they are little lapdogs or a handbag accessory!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I know that feeling, I've got one dog who is definatley a fair weather walker but our border collie likes to be walked rain or shine. If she doesn't get her walk things get chewed.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd just be thankful that he only needs an hour! Kia needs at least two but usually gets more if working hours permit it Means she gives me peace for a little while when we get home! xoxox
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Our 3 GSD's are out now with Michael in the pouring rain, running through the puddles and mud, chasing imaginery things through whatever else dirty they can find.

Oh well never mind, I have a couple of hours to get the house work done for it all to start again as soon as they come in and shake all their dirt over my walls.
mistygrey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Pippy hates the rain/getting wet but we had a brilliant walk yesterday. We go out in all weathers else she's really destructive. Pouring rain meant no other dogs around and a huge cricket pitch all to herself to chase a ball around - whippet heaven!! The wet ground made her sound and look like a race horse - beautiful sight!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 07:41 PM
How much training do you do with him? Often it helps to mentally stimulate them and they calm down afterwards.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Ours get walked no matter the weather, and them that wont wear a coat they go without. we try and give an hour and half at least, mostly two hours - but then we dont have a set routine. Mace gets taken out again later by himself.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >