Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:50 AM

Pure white Boxer with blue eyes.

I was walking back from the vets the other day when a white Boxer passed me, but what struck me was that she had two blue eyes, I don't know whether its because I haven't noticed this before but I don't think I've seen it before, I haven't met a lot of Boxers, but the white ones I've seen have brown eyes, so how common is it for white ones to have blue?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I knew one with blue eyes, he was called Blue and was deaf as a post. All the others I've met have had brown eyes.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 01:03 PM
There are alot of deaf Boxers on our deaf dog yahoo group that have blue eyes, but not all blue eyed boxers are deaf. just as not all deaf white boxers have blue eyes.

It's quite striking though!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Here's one of them. Coda Rescue posted this boy on our group awhile back... he's one gorgeous boy!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/13627849
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I knew one with blue eyes, he was called Blue and was deaf as a post. All the others I've met have had brown eyes.
Thanks, so it does seem not to be that common then, I've been wondering whether I've been walking around with my eyes shut.

Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
There are alot of deaf Boxers on our deaf dog yahoo group that have blue eyes, but not all blue eyed boxers are deaf. just as not all deaf white boxers have blue eyes.

It's quite striking though!
Thanks, I don't think this one was deaf, as she was listening, or at least looking like she was listening to her owners, it did look different though

Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Here's one of them. Coda Rescue posted this boy on our group awhile back... he's one gorgeous boy!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/13627849
He's gorgeous.