My god are you a hermit? ]
Thankyou, am very much a hermit
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
You need to watch all 6 in one go,but i'll warn you now episode 1 is the weakest film.Stock up on popcorn etc and enjoy!

Episode 5 'Empire strikes back' is the best though.

Fantastic series which everyone should watch atleast once.Once you watched them you'll realise the story is actually a modern futuristic sword,sorcery with knights.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
And nothing wrong with that, the modern film build up is all hype and I get very angry at all the 'loveys' on TV who call themselves film critics who say "oh everybody must see this"

When Star Wars came out it was not quite as bad but I can understand how you might have felt you were not a sheep and you wouldn't like it anyway

Having said that George Lucas had a brilliant idea and was able to convert it into a good film series with plenty of action, helped by the fact that the computer boffins had just about perfected the special effects business at that time.

I wish I could say that about some more modern films where all the pre-release publicity tries to make out you're not normal if you don't go and see it.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Based on the seven samurai!!!

The initial story was split into the first three films, because it was too long. Harrison Ford was a carpenter I believe, working on film sets, applied, and got the role. He changed the line in The Empire Strikes Back, when Leia tells him she loves him, he says 'I know', he argued to get that line changed from a more romantic riposte. Ahhhh, I know, I'm a geek

I have 16 video versions of the original films, including a limited edition box set, which is very rare
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
What, how could this happen?!?!

Love the originals, the later ones are ok but the originals will always be the best imo.
I just never saw it as a kid and never had the urge to watch them since! OH thinks I'm deprived as there's lots of old classics I'd never seen, he's introducing them to me one by one. I'm yet to see Pulp Fiction, that's next on his list
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I just never saw it as a kid and never had the urge to watch them since! OH thinks I'm deprived as there's lots of old classics I'd never seen, he's introducing them to me one by one. I'm yet to see Pulp Fiction, that's next on his list
i prefer true romance
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i prefer true romance
Both are brilliant, but have to agree, True Romance is a corker of a film!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
What? that's just mad What do they talk about if have never seen it
its ironic

Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
That was the Magnificent Seven western....which in turn inspired a lesser known Battle Beyond the stars sci fi (robert vaughan playing one of the 7 in both movies).

you are thinking of kurosawa's Hidden Fortress when lucas cited him as a referance for star wars, but more of an influence, as opposed to be a remake, as per Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven.

the prequel was diabolical, some of the worst movies ever produced, and a typical modern example of gifted artists just not able to leave their legacy in tact, opting instead to try and reclaim/repeat their youthful creativity in their dotage...rock stars do this all the time as well.

I have never seen ET or the wizard of oz
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I've caught 5 minute clips here and there but never seen any start to finish.
Am not the only one then You've still more than i have though, will give it a go once have tracked it down
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post

The initial story was split into the first three films, because it was too long. Harrison Ford was a carpenter I believe, working on film sets, applied, and got the role. He changed the line in The Empire Strikes Back, when Leia tells him she loves him, he says 'I know', he argued to get that line changed from a more romantic riposte. Ahhhh, I know, I'm a geek

I have 16 video versions of the original films, including a limited edition box set, which is very rare
Wow, you really are a fan, I never knew that about Harrison Ford getting his start on this, pity he didn't stick to acting because the phrase "I know" is hardly what a good script writer would use I have observed that some of the 'Trekkies' are a bit weird but I see you have Labradors so you must be perfectly normal
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >