Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Freedom Project - onwards and upwards

Z has gone straight to her new foster carer this afternoon. I'm feeling much better and more confident about my decision today. I had great support from the Freedom Project and am so impressed by the speed with which they acted. I phoned yesterday morning and they sorted it out within an hour.

I've decided to carry straight on with fostering because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it for much longer. I go back to uni in September so might not have so much time free.

Our new dog is coming on Monday - a 5 year old black lab. He's quite laid back, likes other dogs but just has a sniff then does his own thing.

I think the clash was purely down to Z's high energy and, as Brundog said, her young age. Bryan was exactly the same at that age - even more full of himself than he is now!

It's going to be a hectic day on Monday as I have college from 4 till 9pm, but Richard is on night shift so will be there with the dogs the whole time. Thn when I get in from college we can swap over.

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. It really helps to know that people are reading and to have it confirmed that I did the right thing. Like Ben McF said, if there had not been another carer for her to go to I might have been able to work around it, but on the other hand I have to do what is right for all concerned.

Definately no toys this time for at least a week. The main reason I let them have some so early on this time is because Z was a chewer and I didn't want her destroying things in the house.

btw Krusewalker - if you look at my earlier blogs there is a link to the Freedom Project website
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 01:46 PM
ah, Im so glad your going to continue, xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Good for you Sarah. Am pleased you are getting a new foster so quickly. And you know you did the right thing for everyone but most importantly for Bryan and Z.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Well done. I am a great believer in fate and perhaps this lab was really the one you were supposed to help. Hope al goes well on Monday x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I think so too Ramble - he's an emergency case so I think it was meant to be.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Aww bless him. Hope the intros etc go well, I think they will. Please do a blog on him too.
Hope you are feeling better now, you seem to be x
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Good for you, glad you are getting back on the horse - or dog or whatever
A nice lab will be just what you need - and I think you are right - it was ment for you
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Yep feeling lots better. I'll keep on writing the blog x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm glad you've got 'straight back in the saddle' & I'm sure many fosterers will tell you that every now and again you will come across a dog which doesn't fit in with your family...that doesn't mean at all that you have failed.

Good luck with the lab xx