Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Competitions

I was reading a magazine the other day and noticed a lot of competitions and it has me thinking, i never hear much about people winning prizes from them. I don't enter them much myself as i'm a bit sceptical, i have tried a few before but dont really bother.
So i was curious if any of you have won any prizes from these competitions in magazines,tv,internet or anywhere really? and what you won.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I won £10k on a GMTV phone in 10 years ago, various other things, nothing major apart from this.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Nope, nothing, nada I entered a comp to go see Steve Irwin in Queensland - nothing
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I won quite a sum once about 9 years ago that i still have some of plus £32k on online bingo and my fav prize was one of these

mine was pale blue And it's recently been upgraded to one of these

in that colour

I'm quite lucky with competitions but I don't enter them often Its usually a spur of the moment descision that works in my favour ....hmmm maybe I should get a lotto ticket this week
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I used to enter a lot of the giveaways in the monthly dog magazines. One year at Christmas and New Year time I won about 12 different prizes! The dogs were so happy everytime the postman came and there was another present for them. The funny thing was my husband was getting a wee bit jealous and said that it was about time I won a prize for him so I entered a competition to win a hamper and guess what! We won!!

(the strange thing was I remember Jamie praying over the envelope for the hamper competition but he was very sweet and prayed that if there was someone else more deserving who needed it more than us they would win it! He is funny sometimes!)

About 25 years ago my Cairn Terrier Rusty won "Dog of the year" in our local newspaper. He won 288 tins of dog food. The funny thing was he didn't eat dog food as we fed him on chicken at the time as he was quite fussy. Let's just say he ate dog food after that!

They took some lovely professional photos of him and put in the paper. I remember one was of him fetching the newspaper from the letterbox and the photographer had thought it a good idea to bring lots of toilet paper and recreate the Andrex advert and out entire large front garden was strewn with toilet tissue.

I also won a pink dog-carrier suitable for a small dog and Jamie was trying to put poor Parker into it!! We gave it to my Sister for her Bichon Frise though I guess if it had been larger Parker would have enjoyed being carried around as he's quite lazy. Wouldn't have done much for my neck injury though carrying 15kg of dog around!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I won the Direct Line red phone once from a survey...it was really loud!

I enter the Gadget Show competition week after week but never win at all...I'd love it if I won...just once!!! I've been dying to win the Mountain bike they constantly have on there!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I won a metal detector once, I was dead chuffed
I have won theatre tickets from our local paper several times but never the ones I really really want
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Lucky bl**ders! *grumpy face*
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Nope, i think i am officially the unluckiest person in the world!! I went through a phase of entering lots of competitions but then got annoyed when I never won anything so gave up!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Nope, i think i am officially the unluckiest person in the world!! I went through a phase of entering lots of competitions but then got annoyed when I never won anything so gave up!
Lol same here, if you enter you really think you could win, then nothing so thats why i get annoyed too and haven't tried any in ages but some of things people have won here has gave me hope may go wild and try one
I must say some lucky people some of you are.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >