View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Mick gave the answer earlier in the thread, he listed the requirements for entry and anyone who complies can enter.

Still not sure what the problem was, the N. Ireland team did not act quick enough, that was the problem, nothing to do with the organisers.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 11:32 AM
The reason given was because the dogs are not registered with the British KC, thats the only reason given, my only question was, why do the dogs have to be registered with them as I wasnt aware the KC had anything to do with it, thanks for the answers, Im sure things will get sorted for next year so they can run their pure bred Huskies , and hopefully become the first Republic of Ireland team to take part.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Good luck to them next year
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Its really nice of them letting you join Sutty, wonder if any of the british ones would be so open minded, should be a brilliant experience for you, well done I look forward to seeing loads of piccies xx
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Its really nice of them letting you join Sutty, wonder if any of the british ones would be so open minded, should be a brilliant experience for you, well done I look forward to seeing loads of piccies xx
Lots of us run and run with other breeds ..... as long as the dog is fit and healthy and appropriately constructed

We ran ours with a Ute a few weeks ago
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Its really nice of them letting you join Sutty, wonder if any of the british ones would be so open minded,
It is very hard to say without knowing the exact purpose of Sled Dogs Ireland (their website doesn't work ). What were they set up to do? Do they run their own rallies and can any breed compete?
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
It is very hard to say without knowing the exact purpose of Sled Dogs Ireland (their website doesn't work ). What were they set up to do? Do they run their own rallies and can any breed compete?
I know its a shame their site is down just now, their aim really is to promote the sport throught the Republic, they are awaiting PP for a track that runs through their 14 acres, its a fairly new club and all applications have to go through the committee. I know my dogs would never be as good as the Husky but its a great oppurtunity to gain some valuable experience and run my dogs with an experienced team, I think it would be good incentive for them as NI have a notoriously short attention span. They have just been granted a license to use the forestry trails, until the track is sorted. i suppose it depends on the breeds of dog and wether or not they are physically capable.
looby-loo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2009, 04:46 PM
My partner and I have Joined the Scottish Sled Dog Association, with aspirations of competing with our NID next year. We will just be entering the Scooter races tho as we haven't been able to source a Rig the we can afford.

We were at the rally Yesterday. Cold and wet and miserable but the dogs loved it.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I know my dogs would never be as good as the Husky but its a great oppurtunity to gain some valuable experience and run my dogs with an experienced team
You might be surprised! NIs tend to be leggier than sibes and might even be better at short distance sprint racing than standard fitting Sibes which are built for distance, not raw speed.

Mick
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Mick, they do tend do go all out for short distances, I would prefer for them to be able to pace themselves and go further lol, but we are getting there and they do enjoy it, my Tukki gets more excited over the harness than he does when he see's the lead.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >