View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 06:08 PM
This seems to be a simple case of it being their party and they will invite who they choose.

When you run this sort of event you have to draw up rules and regs. it so happens that this ones requirements cut out a group who wished to take part but did not look at the rules in time to do so. Not the fault of the organising club.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
This seems to be a simple case of it being their party and they will invite who they choose.

When you run this sort of event you have to draw up rules and regs. it so happens that this ones requirements cut out a group who wished to take part but did not look at the rules in time to do so. Not the fault of the organising club.
I know its not, I just wasnt sure on the KC thing is all.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 06:49 PM
OK Sutty, just answering the original question as I see it, as was said nothing to do with the KC over and above the requirement of the organising club.
feroxsbts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Sutty has the Sled Dogs Ireland asked the SHCGB that if they were to register their dogs with the KC then they could run? Dogs who wish to show in the UK from Ireland have to have a ATC number so surely the SHCGB will allow them to compete if they had a ATC as they are then registered.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by feroxsbts View Post
Sutty has the Sled Dogs Ireland asked the SHCGB that if they were to register their dogs with the KC then they could run? Dogs who wish to show in the UK from Ireland have to have a ATC number so surely the SHCGB will allow them to compete if they had a ATC as they are then registered.
Im not really sure, I know they are still going this year as spectators as they had already booked so hopefully can get things sorted for next year
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I think the most important factor is that only SHCGB members can compete in SHCGB events.

From the SHCGB rally rules:

1.2.1 Driver and Owner(s) of a team must be fully paid up Members of theSiberian Husky Club of Great Britain (SHC) at the time of the Event.
..and that dogs must be KC registered or certified welfare dogs

1.2.8 Only Kennel Club registered, pure bred sled dogs, ie., Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Canadian Eskimo Dogs, Greenland Dogs and Samoyeds and dogs holding an SHC of GB Welfare number, confirming prior registration, are eligible to compete.
Mick
feroxsbts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
I think the most important factor is that only SHCGB members can compete in SHCGB events.

From the SHCGB rally rules:

..and that dogs must be KC registered or certified welfare dogs

Mick

Yes Mick I get that but I was wondering if Sled Dogs Ireland got their dogs registered with the KC by getting a ATC number AND joined the SHCGB then would they be able to run?
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2009, 07:39 PM
YES!

I dont undertand what you are not getting??

heres a link for the form on the KC website
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/366
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes Mick I get that but I was wondering if Sled Dogs Ireland got their dogs registered with the KC by getting a ATC number AND joined the SHCGB then would they be able to run?
Of course they would and I am sure they would be very welcome!

Mick
feroxsbts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post
YES!

I dont undertand what you are not getting??

heres a link for the form on the KC website
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/366
Nobody actually said that if they applied for an ATC number then they would be allowed to race did they?? Thats why I was asking!!!

We aren't talking about a show we are talking about a racing event and the SHCGB could have their own rules and I was just checking!! Sorry for asking a question and double checking the facts! Now that Mick has nicely answered (thank you very much Mick) we have the answer for Sutty.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >