Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akna
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2008, 12:29 AM

Cani-cross

If anyone is around the Leicester area and would like more information, to train in a group or just come along and find out more about cani-cross cross country running with your dog please get in touch. Myself & my team have been running cani-cross for nearly a year now & our dogs enjoy it so much. Also if anyone has any info on any cani-cross events held at any of the sled rallies please let me know as we are always up for a day trip with the dogs.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Would love to know if theres a club or anyone does it in the manchester area...
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Look at Snopeak for events.. not all organisers allow other breeds of dogs though..so you will need to doubel check on that
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 03:58 PM
is this the sport which is cross country for humans with dogs (sorta?)

if so -same thing i saw in the your dog mag?

looked good!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:13 PM
i had a look at one site and any breed was allowed, but there weren't any events in my area.. would like to try it, but i haven't done cross-country running (or any running really) since school!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Cani cross is basically running with your dog attached to you via a belt...

Ordinary Cani cross clubs probably allow any breed..

BUT sled dog rallies that have cani cross classes may not..which I why I siad my comment above..Snopeak lists sled dog events
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:22 PM
well done racheal [akna] for comming fifth in the crufts cani cross event with your northern inuit jerry lee. also well done demon and owner,another northern inuit who came first in same event
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I watched the Cani-X event at Crufts. It looks brilliant and the dogs obviously have a ball! However, I am not fit enough to even attempt it, I think I'd do myself some damage if I did.

Hope you eventually find some Cani-X events soon in your area. Do let us know how you get on. Good luck.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2008, 06:59 PM
You don't need to be fit to do it, I'm not! Only been doing it for a short time with my Anton (we were at the Crufts event) and came last, he, he!

I'm doing it to get myself fit. The Cani-Cross Club allow all dogs pedigree, crosses, large small to enter. It's great fun.
CloClo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi akna - I think I recognise your dogs from CaniX, and I think we might have spoken at the last race of the season last year.

Tee-J would probably love to train with your lot, but I don't think that he'll be able to keep up (not his fault - his running partners slowing down a bit!!). Where in Leicester are you (used to live in Earl Shilton/Hinckley)?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »