View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Although I don't agree to 'trophy hunting' I do agree that numbers should be kept managable. As much as I adore wolves, thier numbers do have to be kept under control, especially near urban area's.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Im sorry I dont see anything at all wrong with a cull of any species that needs it. If the people taht shoot them want their heads on a wall thats fine, wouldnt see one in this house of any description (although I do have a rather nice mounted Vixen head ) I dont have a problem with shooting Wolves.
Dawn.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
It doesn't sound much like simple population control to me and when bounty's are being offered i'm sure there will be many 'trophey hunting'.

When is some organization gonna start some human population control?? Sheesh. If they gave a toss about the wolves they would address the situation that they have been virtually wiped out of some areas and work with organizations to relocate packs. What's the point in having a state or two who consider numbers to be getting a bit to high for them personally going all out to hunt them compared with areas of the world where wolves are either extinct, close to extinction or endangered.

They are a magnificent animal that should be treated with more respect before it's too late and we no longer have them.

Even if Alaska think they have plenty if you take a look at the figures out there of the wolf population around the globe it is very sad.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im sorry I dont see anything at all wrong with a cull of any species that needs it. If the people taht shoot them want their heads on a wall thats fine, wouldnt see one in this house of any description (although I do have a rather nice mounted Vixen head ) I dont have a problem with shooting Wolves.
Dawn.
Why do you think they 'need' it? **** Dawn the world is far from over run with them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
It doesn't sound much like simple population control to me and when bounty's are being offered i'm sure there will be many 'trophey hunting'.

When is some organization gonna start some human population control?? Sheesh. If they gave a toss about the wolves they would address the situation that they have been virtually wiped out of some areas and work with organizations to relocate packs. What's the point in having a state or two who consider numbers to be getting a bit to high for them personally going all out to hunt them compared with areas of the world where wolves are either extinct, close to extinction or endangered.

They are a magnificent animal that should be treated with more respect before it's too late and we no longer have them.

Even if Alaska think they have plenty if you take a look at the figures out there of the wolf population around the globe it is very sad.
I dont think Wolves are in danger of becoming extinct, and they, and other species need to be culled. Its just because they are Wolves that people are flapping, nothing more, Wood Pigeons are being shot in their thousands, who gives a toss? NOBODY!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

As I said it's human arrogance who feel that they have more right to an area to live in then any other species. Maybe people ought to be given licences to breed the same as for other animals :smt002
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Why do you think they 'need' it?
Because there are too many in the area in which they live.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
As I said it's human arrogance who feel that they have more right to an area to live in then any other species. Maybe people ought to be given licences to breed the same as for other animals :smt002
Becky
Humans do have more right to live in an area than an animal they have families to keep. (dont give me fluffy stories about Wolf families! )
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Ah you see this is where we differ. I don't believe mankind to be superior to any other life form and feel we should try and live in harmony with our environment rather than try and rule it!
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Ah you see this is where we differ. I don't believe mankind to be superior to any other life form and feel we should try and live in harmony with our environment rather than try and rule it!
Becky
Unfortunaely becky, people live in house, brick built buildings, we make fences, build office blocks and roads etc.. its life. Animals wild or otherwise dont have to go out to work everyday and bring home a pay packet to pay the mortgage etc.. this is why we take priority. We have shaped our environment and whether we like it or not its eradicated thousands of species in the process and will continue to do so, however I dont belive for one minute that the Wolf will be one of these.
Dawn.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »