View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 11:27 AM
wow what beautiful dogs you have they are all so gorgeous and loving what there doing fabulous pics
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Lou for posting the pictures of the pups first run lol

heres a few of the older dogs

first one is at Wellington Rally 2nd is Aviemore 2004.

Mo
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Great working pics guys, the dogs look so happy.Be nice to have more!!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 02:51 PM
WOW that looks like great fun

Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Fantastic pics - you've really got us interested and would love to give my NI a go. Got to get myself fitter first but can't wait to get a rig etc.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 10:43 PM
WOW, all your pics are great, i gotmy harnesses today, cant wait to try em out tomorrow, as a complete novice ( me and dogs) just gonna walk them on harnesses to get them used to them, im sooooo excited.
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi love to see the dogs doing what they love best....I would really like crystal and storm to get into pulling sleighs rather than me........not too bad uphills but a bit of a ****** going down while at the same time chasing a ball and then a cat jumping out of knowhere to chase it too, then the two of them chasing both ball and cat......I had to grab hold of a lampost....
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by sutty
WOW, all your pics are great, i gotmy harnesses today, cant wait to try em out tomorrow, as a complete novice ( me and dogs) just gonna walk them on harnesses to get them used to them, im sooooo excited.

You want to get it so that the dogs associate harnesses to pulling, and collars for walking nicely, when out walking start giving the verbal commands gee(right) haw (left) when you go round corners, and Onby for going straight or passing other dogs, if you do go out on a rig its been said that you shouldnt chatter to your dogs whilst they are running, just speak when you give a command and if they follow your command reward by saying "good haw" or whatever it is they have done, rather than good girl, good boy, reason for not chatting is the dogs will switch off to you, and when you give a command, they dont listen as well. Also keep your first runs with the dogs and rig fairly short, so that the dogs finish wanting more, this is also so that you dont overdo it with dogs that have not been exercised or conditioned for pulling you straining themselves which will put them off.

Mo
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Will get you more pictures this weekend

But there will be LOTS
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 10:56 AM
thanx for your advice mo,its so nice to get help when i know absolutely nothing. will let you know how we get on with the harness training later.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >