Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
Of course they were hunting. They looked like young hounds out Autumn hunting (or Cubbing as it use to be called before the ban! ) this is how the hunt develop the hounds hunting skills to kill foxes, & the fox is clearly one of this years youngsters.

You think the Hunt monitors filming are 'cold' oh dear.

Since the ban hunts are 'supposed' to lay a trail for hounds to follow, foxes, i believe, can now only be flushed out ( to the guns!) with 2 hounds or a hawk...The hunt no doubt will claim it was an 'accident' ...they always do!

I know how hunts work thanks, I just thought those that act like idiots as we saw in that video did too. Not to worry.

Cold, yes! How anyone could stand there and film what they describe as "horrific" is beyond me. They are the sick ones IMO.

Are you saying that when taking hounds out for exercise they are to lay a trail?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
They are on a drag hunt. That's why they are dressed, and the cameras are following. It's more or less the norm now for cameras to follow hunts.

The footage doesn't suggest otherwise. If you watch the hounds are milling about that area, they aren't hunting and they aren't speaking. They weren't on the scent of that fox. And that fox didn't look tired to me.

Yes hounds do follow their instincts and sometimes accidents happen. Which is also why you're meant to have people with a gun aswell.
I have to disagree I'm afraid. They don't STOP on drag hunts, I've been on them, they're mental, absolutely mental, the scent is laid and you just gooooooooo! Normal hunts, yes, they stop at a "covert" for the hounds to find a scent in some woodland or copse whatever, and if they find it, then you're off. Sadly, I went on numerous hunts when my horse was young and I didn't know any better
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I know how hunts work thanks, I just thought those that act like idiots as we saw in that video did too. Not to worry.

Cold, yes! How anyone could stand there and film what they describe as "horrific" is beyond me. They are the sick ones IMO.

Are you saying that when taking hounds out for exercise they are to lay a trail?

Im guessing youre not referring to the sadists on horseback when you talk of the Idiots? lol ...Its clear the monitors know exactly how the hunts work...the proof is captured in the video ...plus the life of one lucky little fox

Well by that warped logic, you must find anyone who films animal abuse 'Cold' then All those filiming the slaughter of the dolphins in Taiji, Japan, those who filmed the undercover footage of Anne the circus elephant being beaten with a pitch fork by her keeper...

how odd that its not the actual brutalising of the animals that you find 'Horrific'

Animal lovers who go out & film 'horrific' acts of cruelty to show to the world, or film evidence for prosecutions, have my utmost respect & admiration, their hearts must break at some of the sights they are powerless to stop.

Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Odd that, that people get 'dressed up', use horns etc just to exercise their dogs. Not to mention being followed and filmed by animal rights groups
Of course they do.Going out in their reds is part of the day whether they're exercising the hounds or doing a drag hunt.Not being funny chap,but how many have you observed first hand or is your knowledge simply internet based?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Azz
Odd that, that people get 'dressed up', use horns etc just to exercise their dogs. Not to mention being followed and filmed by animal rights groups
Yes they do Azz, its the code of dress for all hunt staff, and the horn is the way the huntsman communicates with his hounds.

Form looking at the video a few things jump out for me, one , what a stupid woman,

Lets hope when they released the young vixen, away from her territory, she was not a nursing mother,

The fox in question was not being flushed out, it had the misfortune to be in the vicinity of the hunt, you can tell that by the surprise of the hounds, , they were not speaking or on a scent, otherwise said fox would not of lived, nor would the silly woman been able to get a live fox from the pack, if the hounds had been on a scent and hunting the fox, their adrenalin would have been up and it would have been killed outright.

If you look at the weather the horses , hounds and people , then you can see , this was a either a horse change over, or the beginning of the hunt, as ALL were clean,

Anyone that has followed a hunt will tell you , they don`t look like that if they have been on the scent of a fox.

Which is also probably why the hunt protesters happened to be at the scene, because they knew where the hunt was being held.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Im guessing youre not referring to the sadists on horseback when you talk of the Idiots? lol ...Its clear the monitors know exactly how the hunts work...the proof is captured in the video ...plus the life of one lucky little fox

Well by that warped logic, you must find anyone who films animal abuse 'Cold' then All those filiming the slaughter of the dolphins in Taiji, Japan, those who filmed the undercover footage of Anne the circus elephant being beaten with a pitch fork by her keeper...

how odd that its not the actual brutalising of the animals that you find 'Horrific'

Animal lovers who go out & film 'horrific' acts of cruelty to show to the world, or film evidence for prosecutions, have my utmost respect & admiration, their hearts must break at some of the sights they are powerless to stop.

Can you answer my question please.

You know I have absolutely no problem with Fox Hunting, I fully and totally support it. I have no issue with that.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Can you answer my question please.

You know I have absolutely no problem with Fox Hunting, I fully and totally support it. I have no issue with that.
Why were they milling around in the covert if they were just being exercised? The hunt 'claim' "the fox appeared in the farm yard with 5 stray hounds".. if they cant control their hounds then they shouldnt running loose in the 1st place!, & i counted seven hounds not 5 liars. Also why didnt they call the hounds off?! its illegal to allow them to tear foxes to shreds now!

oh so because you fully support fox hunting the monitors filming it Are 'cold' & 'sick' , but people who filmed the dolphin slaughter or the beating of Anne 'Aren't'?...have i got that right? surely not!

alice0675
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2012, 12:29 PM

You are right on the mark, without them filming the rest of us would never know any better!

I do not know how any sane person can support or even want to be remotely connected to the sick, yes sick activity, even from a historical perspective. Its shameful.

be warned these are very graphic, sick twisted images and people!
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by alice0675 View Post
You are right on the mark, without them filming the rest of us would never know any better!

I do not know how any sane person can support or even want to be remotely connected to the sick, yes sick activity, even from a historical perspective. Its shameful.

be warned these are very graphic, sick twisted images and people!
http://youtu.be/h7PK3E982Bw
Exactly Alice, the people who film these horrific acts of cruelty are true heros, & by making us all aware, those of us with empathy & compassion, can try to do something to stop it.

Alice im really sorry but darnt click on the link, i can see its another fox hunting video, it must be pretty horrific as you have to be over 18 to watch it. People who can do what they do have no humanity, they are Monsters!!, makes me so ashamed of my own species.

Ive seen so many horrible videos of appaling animal abuse over the years, im still haunted by them
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I would just like to say how me personally have never witnessed anything like the last posted video in any hunts i've seen, fox would of been shot once it had been dug out as the aim of pest control would be achieved.
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »