Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by akna View Post
Tawney wolf i am just out of cast for a broken wrist and arm so i got no room to talk but i will be quad biking with the eskimos monday Er dawn thanks for the links thats excellent i really appreciate that If anyone ever is Leicester way or i am racing or whatever i am always more than happy to meet up go for a run, bike or whatever so keep an open invite
No probs.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Norties can be Fedexed over to you along with Thunder Maybe you could do a live broadcast as you travel at the speed of sound along the M6
A friend of mine has a special seat for biking, I will ask her what the make of it is and get back to you.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Jut gets better, 3 of them biking, t'will be ace!!
Make that four, I am sure Thunder has 'Herculean' strength!!!! Seriously, if I didn't think it would lead to a tragic accident, Dawn, I would bring him over for a trial xxxx
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Werewolf I do this with my nuttiest of Sibes and he loves it! I have to control his speed as he tries to go hell for leather, but thats what the breaks are for

Gemmsie
x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by akna View Post
How long did it take you before you had full movement in your wrist?
It was very sore and weak at the beginning so I got a support bandage and used that triple folded, also I had physio. I don't really know how long it took to be honest, I was off work 12 weeks, and I started riding again about 2 weeks before I went back to work if that is any help. I was still using the support bandage when I went back to work though.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I use the padded walking harnesses you can buy with the D ring on the back for running my dogs at the side of me, the D ring attaches to the line/coupler on the springer, I also use leads in the normal way for extra control, the dogs are a lot more comfortable than using just a lead.

Mo
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post
Werewolf I do this with my nuttiest of Sibes and he loves it! I have to control his speed as he tries to go hell for leather, but thats what the breaks are for

Gemmsie
x
I love the idea. If there was just something more 'secure', (for me), than a bike, I would look at it seriously, I am wondering about Thunder as I think he would be a natural also where would I be able to use these things.........legality etc
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:07 PM
If the dog isn't actually pulling, which it wouldn't be with a walkydog or springer, you should be ok anywhere bikes are allowed as far as I'm aware. I got permission from Transco to use my scooter on a local cycle track. The only stipulation was that I didn't go too fast
Werewolf is there no-one closeby who could let you try so you can see it's not as bad as you think?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Are you going to the NIS Essex Show at all?? I tried Cariad in a scooter when I was there last year and she loved it!! It belonged to a bloke who is a blacksmith if that is any help
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Two padded harnesses arrived today. Its excellent for Orey, but Breeze couldnt possibly move with it on!! She scoots round the floor at full speed then lies down and wont move! Eventually got her to walk, but she hangs back and doesnt like it, so back to a collar for her. Looseish fitting wide one that I walk and race her one, she's back trotting away again!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh wow, brill, how Maddy would love that, although i'd need full body armour...
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »