21-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Hang on, just let me re-mortgage the house
Not expensive ones though!!
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:54 AM
They should be walking ones, not racing or Cani X types.
That's what I got
akna
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Just saw this when posting about some events. An x back (racing harness) should only be used on a rig or scooter with front brush bow (where you fix the lines) the shoulder harnesses should be used for cani crossing and bikejorring this is so they pull from the shoulders and the harness doesnt rise up along the spine. i notice some cani cross organisations recommend an x back and this is wrong and you could end up needing to send your dog for physio for a twisted spine! A bike or a persons waist sits higher than the dog so the line goes down unless of course your running with an irish wolfhound or great dane and then your waist may well be parallel with the dog lol
akna
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 10:04 AM
ps: cracking video lol my videos are all taken by me whilst riding and filming so not particularly safe!!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by akna View Post
Just saw this when posting about some events. An x back (racing harness) should only be used on a rig or scooter with front brush bow (where you fix the lines) the shoulder harnesses should be used for cani crossing and bikejorring this is so they pull from the shoulders and the harness doesnt rise up along the spine. i notice some cani cross organisations recommend an x back and this is wrong and you could end up needing to send your dog for physio for a twisted spine! A bike or a persons waist sits higher than the dog so the line goes down unless of course your running with an irish wolfhound or great dane and then your waist may well be parallel with the dog lol
Thats what I read, so I bought a padded fleece walking harness for both of them, recommended on a few dog activity and dog sports stores/sites.

ps: cracking video lol my videos are all taken by me whilst riding and filming so not particularly safe!!!!!
PROOF please?

I like the Bikejoring idea, but the distance and time isnt something I could commit to, and biking through the woods would be great, for the dogs that is as I KNOW Id be mangled in a tree while the dogs wer up it after a Squirrel!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I love riding with the dogs, although mine are just attached to the front with leads, the longdog Honey is great at it, and will run right next to it now, although the first time I was going down hill, she saw a rabbit, and then I realised the brakes wern't working, we took over a car at that point Diesel the lurcher is getting there, although at one point he was riding with a mate who also had a cocker spaniel, show type that was off lead and the dog ran infront of the bike and got its ear ran over, and that made Diesel scared of the bikes for a while, how much are the springs? That would be for Diesel, Honey is fine, and is great now at running off lead and will pace herself next to the bike at all times, and has now learn't to ignore rabbits when she is attached to the bike lol.
akna
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 02:43 PM
PMSL I see an influx of dog related injuries coming to an accident and emergency near you.....lol and just for you dawn (well and anyone else) here is the link to some video of all my dogs running at Sherwood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6FSfuN3cg
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
although the first time I was going down hill, she saw a rabbit, and then I realised the brakes wern't working, we took over a car at that point
Y'see and you wonder what I worry about
I am an old woman, my bones won't stand much more -my horsey injuries have caught up with me already, don't want doggy injuries adding to them
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2009, 02:51 PM
That looks great Akna, if you ever do one if your display/workshop thingy's up this end, please let me know, I'll be there like a shot
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:05 PM
PMSL I see an influx of dog related injuries coming to an accident and emergency near you.....lol and just for you dawn (well and anyone else) here is the link to some video of all my dogs running at Sherwood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6FSfuN3cg
Excellent video!!

Ive done a page about this on my site.
http://www.emblehope.co.uk/border-te...h-your-border/

Ive put my short video on, and will get a better one without the colourful language displayed on the fence!!!

Ive also added Akna'a one as an example of Bikejoring, Akna please let me know if this is ok and if not Ill remove it immediately, I have also linked your site there too.
Page 5 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »