Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jagged Edge
New Member!
Female 

05-07-2006, 09:59 AM

New to showing - please help!

Although we are not quite ready for the ring yet I am trying to get organised for next year. I have just bought a caravan and will be trying it out this summer. I have desperately been trying to find the plastic orange safety fencing and stakes that everyone seems to use when they are away at shows to keep their dogs in. Can anyone help?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Do you mean this type of fencing

if so then you need to go HERE You can get the stakes as well some ppl use creates as well instead of the fence.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry can't help,Hope you get it sorted.
And hope you have a great time when you get round to showing
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Choose your "run" materials carefully. I have a friend who had something similar and whilst it kept her dog in, a small breed dog got loose on the caravan part of the showground and got in under it, was attacked by her (resident) dog who was then disqualified for life as he had "attacked" the intruder.
Some people use panels made from crate mesh (wire) fine for smaller breeds, I used to use Isobella windbreaks but it was such a fag to put up on my own every time. They are still very popular though.
Mine are for sale, if anyone is interested - PM me! I just walk my dogs around constantly, although shows over here are one day affairs and most I can do in a day without staying over. May sell the motorhome too!
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Cages are the safest option - put in the shade with lots of walks in between. I take my caravan and put the cages in the awning and the dogs love it.