Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yes i have read the all the replies, but showing on was jumped on straight away. yes people have said in this thread they didnt really like how some agility handlers handled their dogs, but it wasnt instantly jumped on and a thread put on straight away like showing always seems to be.
I'm sorry - I thought I 'jumped' on it fairly quick.

Bad practice is bad practice - no matter what hobby it happens in.

I cannot (and will not) comment on the showing as I did not watch it. It holds no interest for me I'm afraid.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
yes i have read the all the replies, but showing on was jumped on straight away. yes people have said in this thread they didnt really like how some agility handlers handled their dogs, but it wasnt instantly jumped on and a thread put on straight away like showing always seems to be.
because the 'main event' is showing ..alot of peeps dont bother watching the rest
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
why are u making it agility versus showing

they are all dogs,all being handled all competing
im not making it agility vs showing. i wasnt the first on this thread to mention they werent happy with the agility handling, my point was that it always seems people will target the showing people before anyone else.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I guess alot of the dogs will be getting tired now, been up early showing in breed classes then waiting around and competing in the group..I guess some will hang their heads, putting their outline out of shape, it will be down to the handler to show that dog off to its best that may mean lifting the head up..Its not choking, if it was choking the dogs would be splattering/coughing all over the place.. Also if a dog is hanging its head, it will be putting pressure on the lead - which may look like its been choked to viewers who arent there.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
only dog ive noticed(so far,and i havnt seen the beginning tonite)...was the 'jerk' the dobe got..(not the lifting of his head i get that) but that i think ,was a tense handler n a tired dog..... gorgeous dog
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
only dog ive noticed(so far,and i havnt seen the begging tonite)...was the 'jerk' the dobe got..(not the lifting of his head i get that) but that i think ,was a tense handler n a tired dog..... gorgeous dog
i loved the mal
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Its nerve wracking being in the ring in front of so many people, getting through to the group judging at crufts is a big thing for most people, scarey, exciting, over whelming - when people watch videos back over they themselves may feel they could have handled the dog better. But like you say tense handle and tired dog, its to be expected.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Its nerve wracking being in the ring in front of so many people, getting through to the group judging at crufts is a big thing for most people, scarey, exciting, over whelming - when people watch videos back over they themselves may feel they could have handled the dog better. But like you say tense handle and tired dog, its to be expected.
i cant wait to see you sunday you know youre gonna be fine
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
btw im only laughing because i could tell you were thinking about sunday whilst writing that
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
i cant wait to see you sunday you know youre gonna be fine
Like always mum will be dragging me out the door in the morning, catching me as I am about to faint and trying to keep me calm I have got a little better with them nerves so lets see if I can keep myself calm! Once I have been in the ring I will be on cloud nine if the girls behave, placed or not.
Page 6 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »