View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
loli thought that about the woman with the boots!! and the flattie deserved to win what a stunning happy dog
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I think describing it as "shocking" handling is a tiny bit over the top. I didn't see anything that could be described as "shocking" at all. I see dog handling from Joe Public every time I'm out that could be described as "shocking", but at Crufts last night? no way.

Seems like those who are anti dog showing are trying to make something out of nothing again. If you don't like watching dog shows, there is nothing forcing you to sit in front of the screen and watch.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think describing it as "shocking" handling is a tiny bit over the top. I didn't see anything that could be described as "shocking" at all. I see dog handling from Joe Public every time I'm out that could be described as "shocking", but at Crufts last night? no way.

Seems like those who are anti dog showing are trying to make something out of nothing again. If you don't like watching dog shows, there is nothing forcing you to sit in front of the screen and watch.
I agree, we can all misconstrue what we see if we believe a certain way. I didn't see any bad handling and I'm sure, as it's televised, anything untoward will be reported and scrutinised.

I was convinced I saw one of the agility people whack it's dog around the head, I'm sure it was supposed to be a well done pat and the dog jumped toward the handler at the same time...just one of those things and I certainly wouldn't have thought to do a thread about it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I don't think people choose to see anything - I think some people are maybe just more aware of different things.
And some like to pull things to pieces, mainly because they are jealous. I didnt see any dog "choked" Im certain if it were it would have coughed at the very least, did you hear a dog cough? I saw an overseas (I think) handler get between the dog and the judge, bad handling nothing more. Keeping a lead taught doesnt choke a dog, if people were more "aware" of that they would do a lot better, IMO of course, and its not directed at anyone in particular.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I only watched the breeder groups and they did appear to have leads/chains/collars very high under the neck in order to lift the dogs head carriage---very flashy but I personally don't like it.

Neither did I like the dog being thrown at the course in the junior agility event.

Neither 'harms' the dog but both are slightly 'off' IMO.

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I agree, we can all misconstrue what we see if we believe a certain way. I didn't see any bad handling and I'm sure, as it's televised, anything untoward will be reported and scrutinised.

I was convinced I saw one of the agility people whack it's dog around the head, I'm sure it was supposed to be a well done pat and the dog jumped toward the handler at the same time...just one of those things and I certainly wouldn't have thought to do a thread about it
Indeed - different people see different things.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Have to admit ( and slightly OT sorry) that I don't like some of the agility handling and training I see...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Have to admit ( and slightly OT sorry) that I don't like some of the agility handling and training I see...
Some of the dogs were slipping terribly
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Was that the red collie? I watched it again this morning and it looked like he hit him I think it was a nervous pat and ended up smacking him in the face (which can happen, I elbowed Cooper in the face this morning )

I don't really know a lot about Braccos, but it looked very upright to me, is that they way they move as the commentators were both saying how well it moved?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Was that the red collie? I watched it again this morning and it looked like he hit him I think it was a nervous pat and ended up smacking him in the face (which can happen, I elbowed Cooper in the face this morning )

I don't really know a lot about Braccos, but it looked very upright to me, is that they way they move as the commentators were both saying how well it moved?
Yes, thats the one, and I truly believe it was totally unintentional, lets face it, they must all love their dogs to be so actively involved with them.

I've seen show people accidently tread on toes or misjudge the turning in the ring and knock into their dog, both accidents but the dog could be harmed and cry out, as it could if you did the same thing whilst out walking or playing in the garden.

I have seen some Braccos at open shows but they seem to vary a great deal, some I have liked and others seem a bit over the top to me. I don't know which is correct, the type I like or the other ones
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »