Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Docked And Denied.....

What are peoples opinions on this?

I personally think good on them! The KC go on about "Fit For Function" and yet don't want to allow those that are fit for function the chance to compete at Crufts, purely because they've been docked to allow them to perform their function in the first place!

Please read the link before commenting on the thread, thanks.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Agree with you Rip's, and with them why should a dog that is fit for function be excluded
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Yep totally agree - the number of tail injuries with those undocked that work has risen and even those who have had amputation due to injury are denied!!! go figure that!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:56 AM
saw this in the dog paper. they should be allowed to compete. think its not fair, they have stuck to the law as they were all done legally, so in a way the KC are going back on what they said in the first place. they are all fit for function.

some of the pics in the paper didnt help me in convincing myself about not wanting another dog mind, could of stolen alot of the weims and vizslas
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:08 AM
If a dog has to have a bit of its body cut off in order to be 'fit for function' then IMO it isn't!

I suppose some bright spark thinks if they can lobby the torys enough they have a better chance that with the last government.

I'd rather they bred tails down if they are a problem.

I hope they don't succeeed but time will tell.

rune
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2010, 09:11 AM
i agree with rune

i agree with the docking ban
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If a dog has to have a bit of its body cut off in order to be 'fit for function' then IMO it isn't!

I suppose some bright spark thinks if they can lobby the torys enough they have a better chance that with the last government.

I'd rather they bred tails down if they are a problem.

I hope they don't succeeed but time will tell.

rune
Thats rules out a lot of Spaniels then.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree with Rune too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i agree with rune

i agree with the docking ban
The article is not solely about the docking ban, but allowing dogs that have been docked and ARE fit for function to be shown at some dog shows such as Crufts.

As it stands now , shows where the "public" pay an entry fee , you cant show a dog that has been docked, after the ban was brought into force.

You can show said dog at any other Champ show around the country, the dog can become a full champion in both working and show ring , yet be excluded from Crufts!

Surely the fact said dog has managed to gain such titles, will automatically deem him "fit for function"!

The reason behind the ban on showing a docked dog after the ban, has nothing to do with him being docked, its all do with "it might upset some members of the public, who have paid to go and watch" .

That's where the ruling is bizarre, if you are upset about seeing docked dogs in the show ring, the fact some are docked before or after a date should not matter to you, if you are upset, you are upset.........how many peopel walk around a show ring and say, well that one does not upset me, because it was docked before April 07 but that one does upset me because it was docked after April 07

The dogs have been docked Legally yet they are being penalized , for upholding the law

And thats what the message is about in the article.
wickerman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-11-2010, 10:46 AM
it seems that the kc will need to look at this again its obviously wrong if they are excluded for being fit for function
because of docking like all things its never black and white
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »