Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I thought AT was brilliant. He wouldn't back down from his direct line of questioning and you could see how uncomfortable, and taken by surprise, CM was. Fabulous TV

(I just feel a tiny bit sorry for CM's agent or whoever set the interview up, as I bet they got an absolute roasting after the show).
That's what I was thinking - normally guests are informed of the questions before the show!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Maybe now he has a bit of a clue how the dogs feel with his intimidating behaviour!
You certainly should not dish it out if you cannot take it. Doubtless it will have done him no harm at all to be treated so robustly - my own opinion is that he has lost his way, got far too high an opinion of himself, has forgotten his humble beginnings, and frankly needed taking down a peg or 2. Let's hope AT has given him some food for thought.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Just watched this and was certainly taken by surprise!! AT wasn't backing down and he had Cesar in a bit of a sweat there lol! I thought CM would argue that it is a 'touch' not a punch but he gave up on that pretty quick - he wasn't really denying it.. just shows!!
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I was very surprised to watch how it panned out!
Very proud of AT I hope he doesn't get sued or in trouble.

What was all that about the parrot?
"I use food sometimes" ...and then tells a story about a parrot " helping" in a case??
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I was very surprised to watch how it panned out!
Very proud of AT I hope he doesn't get sued or in trouble.

What was all that about the parrot?
"I use food sometimes" ...and then tells a story about a parrot " helping" in a case??
HAHA I was the same, thinking how did he go from food to parrot!?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Same as everything else, he didn't have an answer so he tried to change the subject. Quite poor that he couldn't even think of one example when he'd used food rewards.
RROOBB
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Although his techniques aren't the best, I think ITV/Spun Gold played a dirty game here. They did tons of research and made a very strong argument. They clearly didn't give CM any head up to prepare a good argument back. Even the best arguers wouldn't be able to respond to that under the pressure of the TV. It would have been good to hear CM's side of the story, which he couldn't say when thinking on the spot.

Unfair play here ITV, shameful.
Beth17
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by RROOBB View Post
Although his techniques aren't the best, I think ITV/Spun Gold played a dirty game here. They did tons of research and made a very strong argument. They clearly didn't give CM any head up to prepare a good argument back. Even the best arguers wouldn't be able to respond to that under the pressure of the TV. It would have been good to hear CM's side of the story, which he couldn't say when thinking on the spot.

Surely he shouldn't need to prepare an argument back if he believes in his method and knows it works so well. Also I'm sure he is well aware of the people who do not like him and so you would expect him to have an argument prepared already.

He is also used to being on tv so I doubt that flustered him. He just wasn't expecting to be asked questions such as those.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Really

I personally find it refreshing to hear an interviewer call him out on his disgraceful techniques, rather than the grovelling and fawning you tend to get from the american shows. I also don't think we need to hear CM's side of the argument, we've all seen it!!!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 07:13 PM

CM uses TV to put his spin on things - do you not think his shows are heavily edited, with anything too negative for him cut out of it?

As Beth says - what argument does he need to prepare if he truly thinks his methods are OK? Surely you would just answer the questions honestly and be happy that you are in the right.
Page 11 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »