View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spankey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Update on Bigboy spleen tumor (update @ post 12)

First I would like to say thanks for all the birthday wishes. Sorry I haven't been on in a while been very busy working and really having a hard time dealing with knowing I'm going to lose Bigboy. He is still eating and seems to feel alright, but he is beginning to have trouble getting comfortable. Fluid building up and lost all his muscle mass. I love him so much and this so hard can't even begin to imagine life without him. The support from everyone on this forum has helped so much it really means alot to me.I just hope I will know when its time because I don't want him to be in pain or suffer. Thanks to everyone!
jayneybabe15
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
i cant imagine what you must be going through,my heart goes out to both of you xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Sharon, everyone on Dogsey will always be here for you. Please give Bigboy a gentle cuddle from me. xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 04:05 PM
It must be so so hard watching Big Boy (love the name ) getting worse but it sounds as though he still had a good life. None of us want to lose our adored dogs, but you do have the chance to cherish every day you have with him now, which many of us don't get
I'm sure you'll know when the time comes to send Big Boy on his way .... I knew with my dog, I could tell by the way she looked at me.
Build up a wonderful 'memory bank' of him which you can cherish when he is now longer with you. Lots of (((hugs))) for you and some gentle ones for Big Boy.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Belated Birthday wishes
So good to hear from you.Bigboy is in safe hands with you,no doubt about that.Malka is right,we are all here for you(( hugs))
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi. Most of us have lost a dog or so... so we all know how it feels. Lost my old Lab mix earlier this year, sad but he wasn't himself anymore, so I knew it was time.

You'll know, he's your dog and obviously very loved, so you'll know. Hang in there!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
It must be so so hard watching Big Boy (love the name ) getting worse but it sounds as though he still had a good life. None of us want to lose our adored dogs, but you do have the chance to cherish every day you have with him now, which many of us don't get
I'm sure you'll know when the time comes to send Big Boy on his way .... I knew with my dog, I could tell by the way she looked at me.
Build up a wonderful 'memory bank' of him which you can cherish when he is now longer with you. Lots of (((hugs))) for you and some gentle ones for Big Boy.
I can't do better than to echo what Jenny said here. It is so difficult to think of anything to say to make people feel better at times like this. But lots of us have been through what you are going through. Not that knowing that makes it easier to bear the pain.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
So sorry to see what you are going through. Concentrate on enjoying every moment with him, he will tell you when enough is enough and your love for him will give him a peaceful end. Hugs to you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
My heart goes out to you with what you're having to go through. As Jenny has put it, enjoy every minute of this extra time you have been allowed with Big Boy, and you will treasure these memories forever when he's had to say goodbye.

You will know when the time comes, because he loves you as much as you love him and he will make sure he tells you when his time is right. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time, I've been here myself a couple of years ago, but my boy did tell me, when I looked into his eyes one night, and I'm sure you will be blessed like that too.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I can only echo what has already been said. Most of us know exactly how you are feeling right now, and we all empathise in a massive way.

Huge cuddles for you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >