Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 08:57 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 2nd December, 2018

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well, puppies also.

Have a good day, take care, wrap up warm and stay safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you have a good day Moyra

Its fun having all these bins to put rubbish in. Shortly after we moved here they gave us the choice of paying for a garden bin and then they changed the colour use. What had once been the free garden bin was now to be the recycling bin and the new paid for one for the garden - why couldn't the new one be used for the recycling! Have have the day and colour written on a calendar so as not to forget which one. As for the recycling one the big bin is for cardboard, paper and plastic and you have a small box for glass jars bottles etc. What do the bin men do empty the small box into the big bin and all goes in together so I dont bother to sort

Yesterday turned into a marathon day out. Youngest son in Brazil found out that his rent hadn't been paid for 4 months and then we discovered that the letting agent was no longer trading. So we treked up to SE London,left a message with the tenants, spoke to their neighbour, who was very helpful and then tried to find out about the agent. Went into one of their old offices and spoke to a very nice chap and he is sick of receiving their mail and people asking where they have gone but will do all he can to help anyone he can. So have left him to see if he can find anything out for us. The weather was awful, rain, drizzle and thick mist on return but hopefully my son can now find a way forward and get things sorted at least with the ongoing rent.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Oh my goodness sue, that's awful.....I do hope he gets the rent owed and can track down the agent
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Good Lord how terrible. Does the "landlord" as such not realise this has happened?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Just caught this on dashcam as we were passing by

it is getting so parking is a problem where I live.

Car back end sitting on garden wall
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Kazz my son is the landlord but agent was dealing with everything on his behalf. No notification that she was ceasing trading and his fault for not checking his bank statement each month. We just assume the Tennant did not know either and has kept paying the agent the rent now the trouble is finding her and trying to get it back.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Kazz my son is the landlord but agent was dealing with everything on his behalf. No notification that she was ceasing trading and his fault for not checking his bank statement each month. We just assume the Tennant did not know either and has kept paying the agent the rent now the trouble is finding her and trying to get it back.
Got it sorry I read it as where he was living in a rented place and his rent had gone stray not a place he was renting out...........either way a nightmare. Suspect it will teach him to watch his in coming money as well as his outgoing.....but a harsh lesson. The tennant would not have a clue at all though. Hope you all manage to find them......
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Just caught this on dashcam as we were passing by

it is getting so parking is a problem where I live.

Blinking heck a first I thought the wind hadgot underneath the car, but parking makes more sense......well "sense" in the loosest meaning of the word.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
then we discovered that the letting agent was no longer trading.

Some of these 'letting agents' can be as bad as some of the tenants.

Even the good agents don't do much apart from collect rent and deduct their commission. Any problems with the property seem to end up being the landlords to sort out.

Is there a reason why your son doesn't want to sell the property Even if he and his family decided to live in UK it's highly unlikely they would pick SE London unless that's the only place he could get a job (which seems unlikely) but maybe I'm wrong on that.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post

Hope it's not your garden wall Barry
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >