Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am requesting once more not to be questioned about Judaism or my Jewish beliefs on Dogsey.

Dogsey is a forum about dogs. It is not a forum about religion therefore I am requesting, once more, not to be questioned about either my religion or my beliefs.

And I thank you for respecting my wishes.
No problem and of course
. Like I said I'm going to seek out some orthodox sources elsewhere and do my own research and study . On the other hand though this is a discussion on the non dog section that has involved posts between me Gemini and ashman so you Will have to forgive us if we are interested and have things we would like to exchange and forgive us for thinking you were also interested as you had begun this line of the discussion.

Kindest regards
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2014, 06:30 PM
What on earth do you not understand about

I am requesting once more not to be questioned about Judaism or my Jewish beliefs on Dogsey.
Leave me alone.

Please.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2014, 06:49 PM
What on earth do you not understand about

Leave me alone.

Please.
Im not asking you. I just said. And I wasn't talking to you before Iwas talking to ashman. Honestly malka its fine I want to leave you alone but that means you Will have to stop following me on threads and speaking to me Im happy to put you on ignore if you want

Not normally mystyle but Ican compromise for you.

or you could put me on ignore
Meg
Supervisor

02-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Dogsey is a forum about dogs. It is not a forum about religion
The title of this thread is ..
'The Bible' , anyone who wishes to discuss the programme in question or the topic in general is free to do so, anyone who doesn't should not take part in the thread
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
'The Bible' , anyone who wishes to discuss the programme in question or the topic in general is free to do so, anyone who doesn't should not take part in the thread
Understood and accepted. But I only think it right and fair that incorrect information stated on Dogsey should be permitted to be corrected.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Fair point

for me I really appreciate this thread being started and I have enjoyed the discussions thank you. So I Will be hanging around and hoping for more I was particularly inspired by Gemini questions about different bibles as that fascinates me was hoping that was gonna turn into ameaty discussion never occurred to me would go the way it would but never mind

another interesting aspect about different bible is the apocrya . several extra books in the Catholic bible not accepted as Canon in the protestants bible . my born again Christian friend tells me the Catholics originally didn't have these books but after the protestants published their own bible the Catholics said it wasn't true word of god as these books were missing. but my friend tells me the Catholics only added these books on this occasion anyway
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Fair point

for me I really appreciate this thread being started and I have enjoyed the discussions thank you. So I Will be hanging around and hoping for more I was particularly inspired by Gemini questions about different bibles as that fascinates me was hoping that was gonna turn into ameaty discussion never occurred to me would go the way it would but never mind

another interesting aspect about different bible is the apocrya . several extra books in the Catholic bible not accepted as Canon in the protestants bible . my born again Christian friend tells me the Catholics originally didn't have these books but after the protestants published their own bible the Catholics said it wasn't true word of god as these books were missing. but my friend tells me the Catholics only added these books on this occasion anyway
Yeah the apocrypha isn't accepted as scripture by most Protestant churches but was affirmed by the Catholic Church at the council of Trent. There are two issues I find that are out of sync with the rest of scripture one is some of its historical claims are not in line with the rest of the canon. Second it makes some theological claims which also don't fit in wit the bible such as condoning the use of magic and claiming alms will deliver from sin.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Understood and accepted. But I only think it right and fair that incorrect information stated on Dogsey should be permitted to be corrected.
It is and you declined the opportunity to correct it.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
It is and you declined the opportunity to correct it.
Agreed
and our sources and references - Jewish and non Jewish - 'thus far' state we have posted correct information about Judaism and biblical texts
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
That's because the Jehovah's witnesses have adifferent belief and different bible
The differant bibles as explained to me,was that the people of israel do not believe in Gods Son,they do not believe in the 2nd Coming,now interestingly the Mormons,who are working on a data base to house religious papers from all over the world,reckon the 2nd coming has happened but in reverse,Charles Manson they think he is a fallen angel,as they ,like many christians believe in good and evil a lot of emminent professors had a field day to be able to discuss whether this was so,Maybe we were sent Charles Manson,because we have abused the earth.But to me it was an interesting concept,one of my clients who is a mormon showed me this article in there paper,even though at the time I was supposed to be doing his accounts and he even gives a percentage of his income to the church,so he is really involved with all things mormon and was very excited about this development.Gemini54
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >