Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2011, 07:43 PM

2 things that have made me smile today.

The book I ordered arrived.

The Bernese Mountain Dog by Diane Cochrane the founder of the breed in the UK and it is signed. Second hand book and revised editon after her first two editions flew off the shelves in the 70's and 80's this revised edition is the mid 80's and it is a mine of information and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am even more chuffed it is signed I wasn't expecting that.

Second thing I saw a neighbour from a few doors down who asked me where Ollie was. Her little girl she is the most polite child I have met in a long while who asked if she could fuss Ollie and I explained he was a bit frightned of strangers so best not too but he wouldn't mind her saying hello in the mornings as she walked past was upset about the news and said he was a lovely dog and how sorry she was.

I told her there will be a new pup later this year and hopefully this pup will agree to her daughter having a cuddle. She said she was so pleased I would be getting another one and looks forward to meeting it. I was touched by her thoughts.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Ah that's nice Lynn. Glad you are having a good day and your neighbour's little girl sounds lovely.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Aww, how lovely that they cared about Ollie, that is really nice.

The book sounds a great find...I used to read my English Setter ones from cover to cover too xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 05:36 AM
People can be very thoughtful and nice.... I wish there were more of them in the world, Lynn x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2011, 07:24 AM
It is nice isn't it she isn't the only the neighbour to of commented on his loss people are now realising they are not seeing us coming back up the front path with him around 8-30 9-00 am and asking after him and all saying how sorry they are.

I am lucky here I do have nice neighbours... That little girl is so polite such a nice change in this day and age to meet a happy cheerful child with good manners her baby sister is the same. They are lovely parents and doing a wonderful job.

Sheree the book is excellent and I am finding it hard to put down. There is someone in there who I think breeds Setters (Nappa) Setters ? Wondred if you had heard of them ?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Lynn, nice to hear a positive story about kids for a change, goes to prove not all kids are monsters. Nice to hear about your pup, can't wait to see the pics. Take care x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It is nice isn't it she isn't the only the neighbour to of commented on his loss people are now realising they are not seeing us coming back up the front path with him around 8-30 9-00 am and asking after him and all saying how sorry they are.

I am lucky here I do have nice neighbours... That little girl is so polite such a nice change in this day and age to meet a happy cheerful child with good manners her baby sister is the same. They are lovely parents and doing a wonderful job.

Sheree the book is excellent and I am finding it hard to put down. There is someone in there who I think breeds Setters (Nappa) Setters ? Wondred if you had heard of them ?
I've not heard of them Lynn...I wonder if they are abroad?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I've not heard of them Lynn...I wonder if they are abroad?
I will check later it might not be the right name I cannot remember frm one minute to the next let alone over night I will get back to you on that one.