View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I watched it & the Bride & Groom last week were locals.
They were married in the local Church.
The Groom comes from local Gypsy stock....the family keep a field of Vanners near my Mums house, that I admire as I pass
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:54 AM
TBH I couldn`t see a great deal of difference (in the latest episode) between the featured wedding and the average Essex do. Except the girls wouldn`t have fended the blokes off beforehand.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 03:34 PM
It was interesting to watch! how on earth they can walk in a seven stone wedding dress
The girl who got married is now having a baby.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:02 PM
i found it amazing! really liked it and cant wait for the next episode tomorrow!

i really liked how the girls had such high morals, like the no sex before marriage, and how they werent allowed out on their own. think it was really good how clean they kept things and had such high standards.

i didnt like the "grabbing" thing though and felt sorry for that girl who was only 15, and her friend just left her to fend for herself

thought it was really interesting insight into other people's lives. i found it fascinating.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
TBH I couldn`t see a great deal of difference (in the latest episode) between the featured wedding and the average Essex do. Except the girls wouldn`t have fended the blokes off beforehand.
HA HA, brilliant!!!

I watched the original one-off documentary last year and was SO chuffed to see they had done a little series of programmes this year. I found it hysterical, sooo funny
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I have mixed view on it. I find it interesting to learn about different cultures, I like the high morals they have...but I did find it disturbing seeing such young girls (6) dancing in such a provocative manner wearing such adult clothes.
I do like the family together-ness shown, but am confused about them being 'travellers' but wanting to stay static in one location.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
On one hand, they have every right to live as they wish and I fully respect that. On the other, their attitudes towards women were horrifying
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
PMSL! Well down the road from me I have to say I agree, the area is well known for that kind of thing

I quite enjoy the programme, learn a few things. Nice laugh on a Tuesday night after bf has had a stressful day at uni. I like most of their morals and values... Apart from allowing their kids to go around wearing nothing and being groped by boys; just not right. Ooooh and the scenes with horses at fairs- That that is another story altogether!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
have a look at the wedding photos on here
http://www.essexweddingservices.com/...edding-photos/
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i found it amazing! really liked it and cant wait for the next episode tomorrow!

i really liked how the girls had such high morals, like the no sex before marriage, and how they werent allowed out on their own. think it was really good how clean they kept things and had such high standards.

i didnt like the "grabbing" thing though and felt sorry for that girl who was only 15, and her friend just left her to fend for herself

thought it was really interesting insight into other people's lives. i found it fascinating.
I dont think the girls have such high morals out of choice, the culture is set by men , with woman being wife / mother and dont have much say in the matter.

Its a culture like some others that keep woman as chattels, and men are able to do as they please.

Girls are brought out of school at 11, one woman said there is not point in schooling, its a waste of time for girls, as they will be married at 16 (used to be younger) and not needed to look after their husbands.

I find the programme, fascinating along with disturbing at the same time.

5/6/7 YR old gyrating their little bodies with hardly any clothes on, is not something that sits well with me.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »