Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Yep, just been on the news!
Omg thats terrible, considering they have all ate live animals. It dont matter if there insects or mammals. Its still killing something, how can they justify that
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Omg thats terrible, considering they have all ate live animals. It dont matter if there insects or mammals. Its still killing something, how can they justify that
Cos it was a tame hand reared rat the producers put in the camop to "liven" things up....not a wild one. They are questioning how they killed it as there were complaints it suffered.

Also read that Gino is a convicted burglar
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Cos it was a tame hand reared rat the producers put in the camop to "liven" things up....not a wild one. They are questioning how they killed it as there were complaints it suffered.

Also read that Gino is a convicted burglar
Ah right, thats fair enough then. If its a pet... but why put them in there if there hungry. It was going to happen at some time or another.

Where are you all getting this info from lol.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Stuart and Gino have been charged with animal cruelty after killing and eating that rat
Originally Posted by valandra View Post

Also read that Gino is a convicted burglar:shock:
Does it matter whether it is wild or tame, they killed and ate it, I did wonder at the time, if they would get complaint.

Although it seems a little hypercritical to me, considering they give them live grubs to eat and bite heads off..the baby crocs in the tank, with their jaws taped up, and the panicking horses in the river crossing.

All done for TV ratings, and yet they pick up on that one thing.

Regards Gino, it was 25 yrs ago (I think) he did his time for his crime, whatever happened to giving someone a second chance, specially when they have paid for their crime
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 11:53 AM
No to me it makes no difference if it was wild or tame but that is one of the reasons the aussie RSPCA gave as to why they are being charged.

And I dunno if it makes a difference re Gino....it wasnt as long ago as that was it, and we're not talking nicking a choccy bar here are we?? i wonder if he would of won if it was revealed before?? I still like him tho but did make me look at him in a different light.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
No to me it makes no difference if it was wild or tame but that is one of the reasons the aussie RSPCA gave as to why they are being charged.

And I dunno if it makes a difference re Gino....it wasnt as long ago as that was it, and we're not talking nicking a choccy bar here are we?? i wonder if he would of won if it was revealed before?? I still like him tho but did make me look at him in a different light.
Its been common knowlagde since he went in the jungle, its been on TV and in the papers.. he was in his early twenties think, when he did the burglary, he is now in his mid 40`s, so a long time ago, people do make one mistake and change their life around ..and it seems he has. so it has not been a negative on him winning the programme
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Its been common knowlagde since he went in the jungle, its been on TV and in the papers.. he was in his early twenties think, when he did the burglary, he is now in his mid 40`s, so a long time ago, people do make one mistake and change their life around ..and it seems he has. so it has not been a negative on him winning the programme
He's 34 and committed the crime 14 years ago. It's unclear what he did exactly but it seems to involve stolen property from Paul Young and a 2 month (or two years according to some sources) sentence.

Either way, as said he served his time. It's who he is now that I'm bothered about and he seems to be a sweet, funny, clever, family loving man. A great winner.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
He's 34 and committed the crime 14 years ago. It's unclear what he did exactly but it seems to involve stolen property from Paul Young and a 2 month (or two years according to some sources) sentence.

Either way, as said he served his time. It's who he is now that I'm bothered about and he seems to be a sweet, funny, clever, family loving man. A great winner.
Ok, was out by a few, yrs, but still a long time ago, and has an impeccable record since, (it seems) and I agree with you ,he has done his time , so no need to use it against him.

Regards the cruelty complaint , a bit OTT considering all the other use of animals and insects used int he show for TV ratings.

P.S always wondered if the rats they use in the show are pet bred, now we know they are!!
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 15 16 17 18