Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Getting a dog neutered

Okay so the time has finally come, I've finally been able to afford to get Dougal neutered. Tomorrow morning is the op day.

The thing that is really starting to get on my nerves, well the OH is naturally objecting, so is my stepdaughter! My goodness, who would have thought it.

I've explained time and time again it's part of the terms of the rescue, and it should have been done over a year ago! But will they have it, no, they will not.

I'm still doing it though. Poor Dougal.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Ignore them!

You know what's best for Dougal....

Hope all goes well, hon - keep us posted please

x0x
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Okay so the time has finally come, I've finally been able to afford to get Dougal neutered. Tomorrow morning is the op day.

The thing that is really starting to get on my nerves, well the OH is naturally objecting, so is my stepdaughter! My goodness, who would have thought it.

I've explained time and time again it's part of the terms of the rescue, and it should have been done over a year ago! But will they have it, no, they will not.

Good on you for neutering... It's the right thing to do, unless you have a dog fit for breeding.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:03 AM
I personally think its the right decision to neuter.
All blokes are a bit squemish about the subject arent they, lol?!
He will be fine, they recover so quickly! (the dog that is) Good luck!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Dougal will be fine. I think a lot of men are that way although I must say Gorden never has been, he agrees unless you are going to breed and the dog is fit for breeding neutering is the best thing, especially where we live the amount of silly people who bring their girlies on heat onto the field where we walk, Ollie is interested but doesn't quite know what to do, and most of them are small and that worries me too as he is so big so I have to hang on for grim death and get him settle while they are flirting all over the place with him.
AlannaJohan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:34 AM
As has been said by others, you are doing the right thing. If it is in your terms of rescue then you are doing what you are contractually obliged to and to not do so would be very disrespectful to the rescue centre.
I had to do the exact same thing with my bitch, and as she was an older girl I was quite anxious about it. But all went smoothly and I think she seems much happier not having to worry about being in season / the hormone fluctuations fo other dogs around her.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but I am more than sure everything will be fine
x

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
All blokes are a bit squemish about the subject arent they, lol?!
So true! It must be empathy pains, lol!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all your messages of support

Dougal is in the vets just now, apart from shaking himself to bits cause he'd never been on a bus, and wasn't happy about being at the vets, he was very good, no piddling (unlike the lab mix girlie who came in after him and piddled everywhere!).

The house seems so quiet without him, I've just come in and I keep expecting him to come wiggling over to me. It's weird!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post

The wee fella will be ok The first thing Bryan did when we took him to the vets to be neutered was cock his leg against the reception desk lol.

Where was he rescued from Lore? Did they not pay for the neutering or help towards the cost?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Got him from Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue, as far as I am aware they don't help towards the cost, or neuter as standard. I know the SSPCA do it as a matter of course, but I don't think all the rescue societies do it.

Only two hours till I have to call the vets
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Awww he will be fine, and your are doing the right thing. Our Ben was neutered by the rescue centre where we go him from. Poppy is due to be spayed anytime soon. Just saving up the money...like you...it's so expensive.
Good luck
Elaine xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >