Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Effect of salmon oil

Well we have been using this for about 5 days on the two meals that each dog has a day.

And i am really believing that it has had a good effect, rolos paws seems better, softer and less rough, his fur feels softer and just generally better, especially at the bottom of his ears.

So far poo is still okay and not seen too much difference to rubys coat with the fluffier bits, but still early days and that may not be fully dietary related anyway.

So going to keep it up, it may be doing hidden benefits as well!
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I find it great for one of mine who gets a bit itchy, stopped the itching in a few days, when I forgot to reorder it the itching came back. I also recently tried to economise as I was short on cash and stop it - got told off by o/h and that I NEEDED to start it again NOW!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 01:58 PM
How much do you give your dogs and what make do you use? Just that my sisters cocker is very itchy and it may be something she could try
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
How much do you give your dogs and what make do you use? Just that my sisters cocker is very itchy and it may be something she could try
This depends on what brand you get. It gives you a guide on the pack for how much to use for what weight your dog it
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
This depends on what brand you get. It gives you a guide on the pack for how much to use for what weight your dog it
Oh thanks for that...can you recommend a good brand?
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Our Collies have the Kronch Salmon Oil - 2 squirts a day 1 per meal. In fact the itchy one loves it and is a fussy eater - if he leaves a few biscuits we sometimes pretend to put another squirt on and he gets excited and eats them. He's not as clever as he thinks he is
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by WarFlyball View Post
Our Collies have the Kronch Salmon Oil - 2 squirts a day 1 per meal. In fact the itchy one loves it and is a fussy eater - if he leaves a few biscuits we sometimes pretend to put another squirt on and he gets excited and eats them. He's not as clever as he thinks he is
Thanks for that...I shall have a look to see where my sister can get it from
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh thanks for that...can you recommend a good brand?
I have used Kronch, Healthy Hounds, and am about to Open a Fish4Dogs one.

Kronch was fine.

Healthy Hounds has been fine, but the container it's in leaks like crazy, so you have to have something under it to stop salmon oil getting everywhere, and the F4D one isn't opened yet, but have never had anything bad from there, so can't envisage there being anything wrong with it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I have used Kronch, Healthy Hounds, and am about to Open a Fish4Dogs one.

Kronch was fine.

Healthy Hounds has been fine, but the container it's in leaks like crazy, so you have to have something under it to stop salmon oil getting everywhere, and the F4D one isn't opened yet, but have never had anything bad from there, so can't envisage there being anything wrong with it.

ONe of the reasons I prefer to give Fish Body Oil capsules, no leakage, especially important to me as I am always travellilng!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 09:20 PM
The one we are using is a fish4dogs one at the moment, do remember seeing another brand that came in i think slightly cheaper but cant remember what it was!

I have just clicked today though that i have been double dosing them and giving them the recommended dose on both of their meals a day!!! So as of today we have changed that.

I would say the fish4dogs is like a wine box and a bit hard to get a small dose out of making it virtually impossible to get a 5ml spoonful, squirted over and onto floor no matter how delicately i tried! So going to give a squirt of around 10ml on just one meal a day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >