Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:48 PM

My Beautiful Precious Lucy - 12/09/1995-15/04/2011

I still cant believe my beautiful Lucy is no longer with me, my heart is broken and my life will never be the same again. One year on and I still cant bring myself to put her things away. She was 15 years and 7 months when she went to the bridge that was the worst day of my life, although I do take some comfort in the fact that the vet wanted her pts 7 weeks earlier and I just knew that it wasnt the right time (and it wasnt). She had been diagnosed with a heart murmur and liver & mammory tumors just a few months before but I was assured that she wasnt in pain & i'm sure she wasnt as she was still her mad self. I am just so grateful that we had those last 7 weeks with her, we took her to all the places she loved, the beach being one of them, she was such a fighter, we were hoping that she would just fall asleep, but no not my Lucy. I just knew that dreadful day that it was 'time' and I had to make that most dreadful journey to the vets (which plays on my mind constantly, I so so wish that I had called the vet in, rather than taking her in the car). We were all there with her at the end, then we had to make the most dreadful journey home with her. I so hope that she forgives me for doing that to her.

We buried her in the garden following day, it is very comforting to know that she is still 'here' with me. I have had quite a few 'signs' from her so I know she is having fun at the bridge and wants me to know that she is ok.

I really dont know how I would of got through those first absolutely devastating days/months without all the support of everyone on this wonderful site, and out of something so so dreadful has come something really good, I have met such a wonderful friend on here, who was grieving for her much loved dog too, but helped me, and is still continuing to do so!!!

RIP my beautiful angel, I will love and miss you forever, Hope you are having lots of fun with Lulu and all your new friends, till we meet again. xxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I feel your pain. We lost our beautiful Reah last year too and we buried her in the garden.

RIP Lucy, I hope you are happy at Rainbow Bridge xxxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I lost my boy Sam last November and still expect to see him when I come into the living room

No matter how long a life they had, it's still no easier so I really do feel for you.

Keep on running free and having fun at the bridge, Lucy, until you are all reunited again x
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you. So sorry for your loss of Reah. xxx
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Sam, its just such a dreadful pain isnt it, one that I am sure will never go away.

I'm sure though that they are all having fun the Bridge and waiting patiently for us. xxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 05:01 PM
My heart goes out to you. The pain of losing them never leaves us, although it lessens in time. But all the time you keep her in your heart, she'll never really you. xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 05:44 PM
We lost our lovely Cherry too last year-it is very hard isn't it? They are so much a part of your life and steal your heart.

Don't "beat yourself up" that you didn't have a home visit by the vet. I think with grief there is always something that can be on our minds that we would have done differently-for me it is upsetting that we buried Cherry in the garden. I found it hard afterwards and wished we hadn't and had her cremated and sprinkled her ashes on a favourite walk instead.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 05:56 AM
My heart goes out to you too... we lost 3 within 13 months of eachother and every single one was heartbreaking and different.. still miss them but thankfully have 2 ''new'' babes since 7 months and one of my ''old'' ones is still with us too... we will never forget them but try and remember all the great times. xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2012, 06:29 AM
I still look round for Little One at times, and she went to the Bridge just over two years ago now. I have her picture as the wallpaper on my computer so I see her every morning looking at me, and each morning I say hello to her.

We never forget them - we cannot - as they were, and still are, in our hearts. xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 08:23 AM
I so understand your pain. I could not bring myself to dispose of my Cavvy's 'stuff' for much longer than 2 yrs after she died. I would get quite cross with anyone who suggested I should.

I couldn't even bring myself to get rid of her heart medication - when she was still with me I looked on that as the 'holy grail' to her survival.

About a year after I got my present min pin, I bundled up all the feeding dishes, toys, leads, collars, brushes, combs, nail clippers and her wahl trimmers and took them down to the boarding/rescue along with her airline kennel, travel box, blankets and other associated 'Charlie stuff'.

Even if any of it had been suitable for use with my new dog - I just didn't want to use it. The only thing I did get rid of was my stockpile of dry and tinned terrine food for her - I gave it to someone who looks after stray street dogs nearby.

Now, 4 yrs on, even I cannot understand fully why I was so obstinate about hanging onto it all - best I can say to explain it was it felt like 'forgetting all about her'. And, on some level, although I'd VOWED I was never going to get another dog - I think subconsciously I probably knew I would in time and couldn't bring myself to live in a totally 'dog stuff free' home for the first time in my adult life. It was more than 2 years after she died that I would even grudgingly admit that life wasn't the same without a dog and did start thinking about getting another one.

In fact my daughter used to go on at me when she visited and I even moved it all into another container in a different place so she wouldn't find it and dispose of it 'for me'.

Now I just keep her KC reg stuff and of course THOUSANDS of photos - they remind me that she DID have a happy life with me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >