View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 11:03 PM

Birkenhead dog pound Petition Please sign.

could you please sign the petition to improve living condition for these poundies thank you..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/507/p...ouncil-kennels

it's like a black hole, very dark, no heating, cold brick walls and concrete floors to sleep on

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/DogsView.asp
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Yet another that doesn't follow rules and regulations there are too many like this the problem is the council issue the lisence and the council also take the stray dogs there
ATD x
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Yet another that doesn't follow rules and regulations there are too many like this the problem is the council issue the lisence and the council also take the stray dogs there
ATD x
these places are horrid at the best of times as most of you have seen for yourselves, however this pound although has come a long way on the re-homing procedure, still don't seem to understand the words CARE/COMFORT and DIGNITY
bless these poor dogs for most of them this is the last place they see before being PTS, it is like a Victorian prison Cell. they cant see anything except the odd person walking by looking at them and no bedding and basic rubbish to eat. I just hope the council will actually do something, hence the petition..
it's a waste of time asking the rspca to part with a few quid from the millions they have stashed away in the name of animal welfare.

(the dogs in foster care have nothing to do with the dog pound, they are in the care of wirral animal welfare charity they don't have a web site and the council gave them permission to use theirs)

if you do sign the petition
THANK YOU XXX
you will be up dated if there is any progress
or not as the case may be.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
You should send this to Paul O'Grady, I'm sure he comes from Birkenhead and he's a massive dog lover and especially supports rescue dogs. He might be interested in this. You could contact him at his Radio 2 e-mail address.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
How about an appeal to the local paper for volunteers to refurbish / raise funds for the Pound? Or form a Watchdog group? (no pun intended). The Pound is run with public money, so the public has a right to be involved / informed.
It`s just that I really don`t think petitions do much good.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
these places are horrid at the best of times as most of you have seen for yourselves, however this pound although has come a long way on the re-homing procedure, still don't seem to understand the words CARE/COMFORT and DIGNITY
bless these poor dogs for most of them this is the last place they see before being PTS, it is like a Victorian prison Cell. they cant see anything except the odd person walking by looking at them and no bedding and basic rubbish to eat. I just hope the council will actually do something, hence the petition..
it's a waste of time asking the rspca to part with a few quid from the millions they have stashed away in the name of animal welfare.

(the dogs in foster care have nothing to do with the dog pound, they are in the care of wirral animal welfare charity they don't have a web site and the council gave them permission to use theirs)

if you do sign the petition
THANK YOU XXX
you will be up dated if there is any progress
or not as the case may be.
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
You should send this to Paul O'Grady, I'm sure he comes from Birkenhead and he's a massive dog lover and especially supports rescue dogs. He might be interested in this. You could contact him at his Radio 2 e-mail address.
I have sent it to Paul O'grady he has featured some dogs from this pound on his show

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
How about an appeal to the local paper for volunteers to refurbish / raise funds for the Pound? Or form a Watchdog group? (no pun intended). The Pound is run with public money, so the public has a right to be involved / informed.
It`s just that I really don`t think petitions do much good.
I have done an appeal and your right about petitions I have signed so many and never hear any more about it, but I promise whatever the outcome I will let you know how we are doing and if any appeals are met.
Thanks for signing
Karen xx
rottietao
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
hi signed ''just in case'' your doing a brilliant job for these poor soul's....
re' Paul O'Grady, terrific idea !!!! cant see he would let this rest :::::: well id be very surprised - here's hoping
will look out for updates .. finger's and everything crossed..
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by rottietao View Post
hi signed ''just in case'' your doing a brilliant job for these poor soul's....
re' Paul O'Grady, terrific idea !!!! cant see he would let this rest :::::: well id be very surprised - here's hoping
will look out for updates .. finger's and everything crossed..
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!
thanks
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 06:40 PM
just a small bump up