Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Home sweet home...Redcar. Can't take the dogs down the middle of the beach but towards our end there are sand dunes and huge expanses of beach along with a bridleway that leads along the back of the dunes. Can walk for miles with them at all times of the year.
Thanks for the info is it a quiet beach or are there alot of people that go there????????
Andrew-David
New Member!
Male 

11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Mablethorpe's got a massive beach,but is abit of a pain to get to by car,I took Rafa there three weeks ago and we had the place to ourselves lol

Bridlington southbeach is dog friendly,just aswell when we invaded it last bank holiday monday

Also the coastline between Hornsea and Brid has plently of beach if you can find your way down onto it,look for the routes to the caravan sites which there are plenty of.

Part of Cleethorpes is also dog friendly,use the carpark in front of the big swimming pool and walk along the dunes away from the 'pool,but it can get abit muddy in places!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks Andrew-David for some reason everytime we plan to go to 'the beach' something always goes wrong We are determined to get there this year at least!!!! We are wanting somewhere secluded, where there aren't alot of people about, don't want much ehh??!!! especially at this time of year. Thanks alot for you suggestions, really helpful and I think we will choose one of them. will keep you posted
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Home sweet home...Redcar. Can't take the dogs down the middle of the beach but towards our end there are sand dunes and huge expanses of beach along with a bridleway that leads along the back of the dunes. Can walk for miles with them at all times of the year.
Is that bit right at the far end? I come in on the A66 through Middlesbrough, so should I keep going through Redcar? I always park on the seafront where all the amuzements are etc. But then dog's aren't allowed there this time of year, so another spot would be great!

Sorry to hijack the thread!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 07:42 AM
There's Mappleton too, not bad and didn't find too many non dog people on it...
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Yes Mappleton is great for dogs, follow the signs though otherwise you could finish up on MOD property!!!
I have always found it very windy at Mappleton, the car park is excellent, no parking on cliff tops, and there are toilets too. Nothing much of anything else though but that is great when you just some quiet time with your dogs. Once you have finished on the beach it is just a short ride into Hornsea for some of the best fish and chips in Yorkshire!! And of course - more toilets!!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Is that bit right at the far end? I come in on the A66 through Middlesbrough, so should I keep going through Redcar? I always park on the seafront where all the amuzements are etc. But then dog's aren't allowed there this time of year, so another spot would be great!

Sorry to hijack the thread!
No worries about hijacking the thread and you are asking valid questions that will benefit anyone wishing to go there
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Rips, if you park at the amusements, go back down the beach towards British Steele. Not through Redcar and out the other end. It's just as you're coming into Redcar. If you park along the seafront, turn left as if you're heading out of Redcar, can't miss it. You'll see all the sand dunes and there's also a car park on Majuba Road. If you stop someone and ask, they'll point you in the right direction. It's fairly quiet on the beach during the week but busy on the weekend. Walk along the beach (towards the Gare) and the further you walk the quieter it is. Hope this helps.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Rips, if you park at the amusements, go back down the beach towards British Steele. Not through Redcar and out the other end. It's just as you're coming into Redcar. If you park along the seafront, turn left as if you're heading out of Redcar, can't miss it. You'll see all the sand dunes and there's also a car park on Majuba Road. If you stop someone and ask, they'll point you in the right direction. It's fairly quiet on the beach during the week but busy on the weekend. Walk along the beach (towards the Gare) and the further you walk the quieter it is. Hope this helps.
Cheers me dears, might try and have a look this weekend.

Keep saying that, never get round to it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2