Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2018, 11:35 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 8th January 2018

Good Morning lovely people, bit of a cold grey day here...no rain though yet...that's a bonus.
Training starts back again tonight, going to take black dog i think, just hope my shoulder can stand it, she is going to be so excited to see her mate Bailey, hasn't seen him for nearly 2 months
Not venturing out today i don't think...maybe tomorrow, i have noticed my joints are hurting a bit and i said to my mum i was worried i was starting with a flare up...today my toes hurt as well ...bl**dy wreck i am just told Steve i was worried and he actually seemed concerned...there's a first!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2018, 03:08 PM
hi Griff, hope you feel up to training this evening. Just realised that for some strange reason I had been logged out of dogsey but back online now. Grey here and grot. Hi to everyone else. Off to watch Father Brown.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Foggy here. And, at 2C, rather cold.
And we just got back from our second walk - try to avoid the school crowds not the dog has a problem but some parents do.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2018, 04:15 PM
i am off to training Brenda, i have a load of dog food to give for the rescue dogs and it is cluttering up my kitchen Lol
dogs walked...forgot my hat and gloves so froze...just getting a coffee to warm myself up
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i am off to training Brenda, i have a load of dog food to give for the rescue dogs and it is cluttering up my kitchen Lol
dogs walked...forgot my hat and gloves so froze...just getting a coffee to warm myself up
I'm a hardy old Scotsman so I rarely wear gloves and a hat only if is raining............

On the food thing, our dog seems to have changing tastes so we vary what we give him. the surplus also goes to the rescue centre where he captured us. We also take shredded paper which I think they us as bedding material.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I'm a hardy old Scotsman so I rarely wear gloves and a hat only if is raining............

We also take shredded paper which I think they us as bedding material.
I have found that if I don't wear my woolly hat in winter I am guaranteed to get a headache, even when it's not blowing a gale, I put my woolly hat on just walking down to lock the gate in the evening.

I generate a fair bit of shredded paper (Paranoid about my personal details getting into the wrong hands ) I shall ask our local rescue if they want any. Apparently we are told not to put it in the blue recycling bin.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..forgot my hat and gloves so froze...
Hope that doesn't result in a cold or flu tomorrow, best get a 'hot tody' inside you
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I have found that if I don't wear my woolly hat in winter I am guaranteed to get a headache, even when it's not blowing a gale, I put my woolly hat on just walking down to lock the gate in the evening.

I generate a fair bit of shredded paper (Paranoid about my personal details getting into the wrong hands ) I shall ask our local rescue if they want any. Apparently we are told not to put it in the blue recycling bin.
We use it for packing when we send things to the states but the rescue centre gets the rest.

Gloves - I just stick my hands in my coat pockets. And Max has his fur coat.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Hi folks - burning the past midnight oil again.
Weather over the past 24hrs has been varied here, last night it was well below freezing with a dreadful icy wind and then daytime we had bright sunshine for 6 or 7 hours. Forced to admit that although nice and bright it was still very cold and the ground never defrosted.
I must admit to never wearing gloves as they hamper me when working outside but I am a big hat/cap man and seldom seen outside without some form of headgear.
Hope that training went well Griff and you had a good time, bet the rescue folk were appreciative of the food you took them.
Brenda - I too am having trouble with the Dogsey logging off system and have to book in every single time I post which I find inconvenient. I've tried just about everything but none of it seems to work. Given my ineptitude with the computermybob it it is most likely down to me.
Harvey - Do you think that the new tablets of Casey's are working for him.
Moyra seems to be missing following her bout of the lurgy. I really do hope that she is recovering well and that she will soon be posting as she is one of the stalwarts of the Dogsey contributors.
Off to bed for me, bye fer now and take care everyone.