Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 02:21 PM

Updates...

Well, We've gotten three new additions in the past two weeks, so I thought I'd show updates of them all...

Tico...Chinese Water Dragon

Diego...Chinese Water Dragon

Newbie...still can't think of a good name...Chinese Water Dragon

Sketch...Leopard Gecko

Newbie...just got him yesterday, no name yet. If you notice his tail is different than Sketch's as it had fallen off and regrown...Leopard Gecko

Bert...Crested gecko, very cool little lizard as he eats baby food, I just take him out and feed him applesauce off of a spoon...

Isis...Ball Python

Newbie, still no name yet...Veiled Chameleon

Kermit...Whites Treefrog

Hope you enjoy these!
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Amber08071 View Post

Bert...Crested gecko, very cool little lizard as he eats baby food, I just take him out and feed him applesauce off of a spoon...

Ow wow ! He's lovely :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 ! ! ! Does he just eat apple sauce now or will he eventually eat beasties?!? Reason I ask is I have ALWAYS wanted a lizard ! But feeding them live food puts me off. Are there any veggies lizards out there??

The rest are stunning too, just love lizrds !
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Doggydina View Post
Ow wow ! He's lovely :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 ! ! ! Does he just eat apple sauce now or will he eventually eat beasties?!? Reason I ask is I have ALWAYS wanted a lizard ! But feeding them live food puts me off. Are there any veggies lizards out there??

The rest are stunning too, just love lizrds !
You can feed him crickets, but you don't have to. There is a food called CGD (Crested Gecko Diet) that is a complete food for them and that way they get the nutrients they would get from crickets. Their favourite baby foods are apple peach and apricot, but there are many more that they will take, only fruit though...Their main diet is fruit, so sounds like if your are not liking the whole live feeding he would be the perfect lizard for you...
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
You can feed him crickets, but you don't have to. There is a food called CGD (Crested Gecko Diet) that is a complete food for them and that way they get the nutrients they would get from crickets. Their favourite baby foods are apple peach and apricot, but there are many more that they will take, only fruit though...Their main diet is fruit, so sounds like if your are not liking the whole live feeding he would be the perfect lizard for you...
Oh wow ! Think I will have to look into that defo ! Have alwasy loved reptiles, specially smakes, but my mum says she will never EVER come in my house if i get snake (and she means it ), and can't have that, she is handy dog sitter . We have a reptile rescue centre not far from here, i may go have a look now i know that, always avoided it cause i knew i would come home with something! I could do the live feeding if i put my mind to it, but would rather not . How big to the Crested Gecko's get, and what size of vivarium would they need? OMG ! Listen to me ! ! You have me hooked! Gonna do some research on them me thinks...

Thanks for the info
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh wow ! Think I will have to look into that defo ! Have alwasy loved reptiles, specially smakes, but my mum says she will never EVER come in my house if i get snake (and she means it ), and can't have that, she is handy dog sitter . We have a reptile rescue centre not far from here, i may go have a look now i know that, always avoided it cause i knew i would come home with something! I could do the live feeding if i put my mind to it, but would rather not . How big to the Crested Gecko's get, and what size of vivarium would they need? OMG ! Listen to me ! ! You have me hooked! Gonna do some research on them me thinks...

Thanks for the info
Also they are nocturnal, and can be at room temperature, so you don't need any heat lights, or UV bulbs, they are the cheapest lizard I have ever kept. Here is a very good caresheet on them...http://pangeareptile.com/id52.htm
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Also they are nocturnal, and can be at room temperature, so you don't need any heat lights, or UV bulbs, they are the cheapest lizard I have ever kept. Here is a very good caresheet on them...http://pangeareptile.com/id52.htm
My god! It's screaming at me to get one! Was just reading about the UV bulbs, even better, watch this space...
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 07:31 PM
My god! It's screaming at me to get one! Was just reading about the UV bulbs, even better, watch this space...
LOL, yep there pretty great pets to have, they don't need much to care for them and keep them happy. And they are very social. The others that we have are quite moody sometimes, but this little guy can be out for hours and just sits on my hand and hops around...