Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I think there is one in Aughton. I was thinking of doing it with one of my Lakies to try and bring him out a bit more.
On google can only find west lancs K9 centre which is very expensive from what Ive heard . Just checked distance from where me and Tipsy live and its actually 15 mins quicker to get to Runcorn too. Just wish I didnt have to go over the Runcorn bridge it scares me
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 11:56 AM
There is an other I will try and find it.

I have seen the one in Widnes it is just before you go over the bridge. I will see if I can find details for that one. I saw it by accident when I was going somewhere else
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2012, 07:19 PM
There was one Widnes way that moved to Rainford way I think? We went to the Rainford one but they shut down after moving around a lot and arguments between the trainers. It was a shame but it went downhill abit (IMO).
There is one by Bold Heath that we went to as well but they took it really really seriously and wanted you to do heaps of practise at h ome etc. They were a bit too pushy for my liking and had Cosmo doing the Aframe with them holding his collar!!! He almost pulled one of their arms out of the socket and I was very concerned about his neck. Lots of collar holding and yanking and lots of dogs. was all very stressy.

There is a 'fun' agility thing at The Dog Barn near Rainford. I haven't been or heard anything about it and don't know the trainer. There is an obedience trainer there too who is a bit too old school I have heard,so hopefully it isn't the same person. (I was told that by someone reliable I haven't been to a class).

Personally I avoid west lancs and K92000, that's all I will say on them.

Karen Ingram does agility near Runcorn and she's supposed to be lovely? Is hers the Sutton Weaver one.

There is certainly demand for classes, sadly it's finding somewhere to do them.
tipsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes it is Karen ingram, I've heard good things about her

I went to the one in rainford a few times and enjoyed it but that was before it closed. I had the same stressy experience at the bold heath one thou- too many dogs and stress for me lol

X x x
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Well we are going to go to Karens agility on 6th May. Hope its good. K can do stressy but I cant. Shes the only "normal" dog Ive got so I wont put up with any stress or rough handling not that I think it will be like that.
IloveAgility15
New Member!
Female 

30-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Sorry that this is an old thread but i go to this club and its great, they do monthly club competitions to get you used to a competitive environment, also you go 1-2-1 before hand so they know where you are with training

Hope this helps

We are now a full member
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2