Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Moyra, Chris, griff, Kazz and all to follow.
Very hot day today we were out early with Dillon to. Had a rare incident today there is a lovely young Doberman we have watched him grow from a pup. Haven't seen him for a while till today he is 10 months now and a bit of a handful.
We met just inside the gate and he is very bouncy and usually Dillon moves away and stays out of the way not today he moved forward quickly barking at the dog he has never reacted this way before.
Not aggression but to put a young dog in it's place is something he has never done. Not sure if he was worried as he is sore and possibly feeling under the weather or whether the dog was to near me and to bouncy so he decided to give it a warning.
He did moan the other week at the 3 dogs who accosted him from behind and had a good grumble at them but to be expected they are very rude young dogs but gain not something he has done before he is very good at moving away and always has done.
Add us to the no more dogs list to.
Michael is doing his triathlon today. Hot in Madrid but cooler in the villages where the event is being held.

Glad your day is more peaceful griff.

Stay safe everyone.
Dillon is not only Walking the walk he's talking the talk......God Love him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Steve's just started work, worrying about him, he doesn't cope well in the heat, I have made him drink tonnes already and he has just been and bought another bottle of water as he wasn't given any when he booked on. He has a few hours driving, then a break so he can get more water then another hours drive and a break and then finishes his shift probably at about 11. I have said if he gets too hot and feels Ill just to tell them he is finishing, i do not want to be getting a call saying he has passed out.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 04:09 PM
So sad reading all your posts. Too many tears. Heard about another friend in hospital and won't be coming home. Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2021, 04:58 PM
Sorry to read this brenda.

Yes agree with you all he is an old man and getting sore now well sorer, we need to make an appointment to see Katherine his vet who deals with his joint issues.
He has been on the same dose of previcox for two years this time next month, so guessing he needs the dose upped or a change of medication.
Kathrine is so busy so will have to book ahead I think.

Been enjoying the garden today just sitting.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
So sad reading all your posts. Too many tears. Heard about another friend in hospital and won't be coming home. Take care everyone.

Sorry to hear that Breda...... hugs
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Sorry to read this brenda.

Yes agree with you all he is an old man and getting sore now well sorer, we need to make an appointment to see Katherine his vet who deals with his joint issues.
He has been on the same dose of previcox for two years this time next month, so guessing he needs the dose upped or a change of medication.
Kathrine is so busy so will have to book ahead I think.

Been enjoying the garden today just sitting.
Two years has been a good run, a little extra may make all the difference especially in the current/coming Summer.

How is your lads run coming on?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2021, 06:19 PM
No idea Kazz. We haven't got in touch this afternoon as we aren't sure when it finished and I guess all he wanted to do when finished was get home, shower and sleep.
I shall message him tomorrow to see if he beat his time.

2 years is a good run on the current dose but I kept him going for 7.5 years on all natural supplements so if we have to increase or change now at his time of life he and me have done well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2021, 07:46 PM
No idea Kazz. We haven't got in touch this afternoon as we aren't sure when it finished and I guess all he wanted to do when finished was get home, shower and sleep.
I shall message him tomorrow to see if he beat his time.

2 years is a good run on the current dose but I kept him going for 7.5 years on all natural supplements so if we have to increase or change now at his time of life he and me have done well.
Really good you understand and read him so well......love and experience.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Not long ago heard from Michael with video and photos. He didn't beat last years time, but was no slower than first time he run the triathlon in 2019 his first one.
He said everyone was slower this year it was so hot. 33. He was having a glass of wine to celebrate finishing and passing his second wine exam.

So proud of him.

Thank you Kazz we both like to think we have the balance right with the both the boys always there for them but not manipulative and no emotional black mail. We understand they have their lives and they both work so hard well so do Lauren and Maca and we respect they need their time to do what they need and want to do.
Happy boys happy mum and dad.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2