Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Dog food programs on TV

Reposting this from WhichDogFood on another site and thought it might be of interest to some Dogsey people with experience of dog health and behaviour issues related to food:

"We're going to be on The One Show!

Ok, it's only a possibility at the moment but they are very keen. As well as speaking with me, they are also looking for...

1. Other pet care professionals - vets, trainers, behaviourists, groomers, breeders etc. who can talk about the true nature of commercial dog foods and the effect diet can have on a dog's health and behaviour.

2. Dog owners with 'powerful' stories of how diet affected their dog. Best would be sick dogs transformed to health thanks to diet. Things like 'before and after photos' would certainly go down well.

If you or someone you know can help, please email me at david@whichdogfood.co.uk"
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-01-2014, 10:26 PM
We had the same email Ash:

I was hoping you may be able to send me a contact email address which I could send a press release to?

It's concerning a new TV show about dog food promoting responsible choices and uncovering the truth about ingredients etc.
I'll edit the press release into your post when they send it to me
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Hi Azz! Is this the Channel 5 doc due to air at the end of the month? I think the One Show on BBC is picking up on all the media buzz about dog food and health/behaviour in papers and social media recently. I saw a review of the Channel 5 documentary today too, and am pretty interested in watching when it airs.

When I think about all the negativity we got from vets about changing to raw, and how they tried to sell us Royal Canin hydrolysed kibble, it makes me glad that it is all coming out in the wash finally, as I'm sure many thousands of people and pets have suffered through the years due to the commercial big brands holding so much sway both in public awareness/opinion, and with vets through their sponsored training, and incentivised in-practice sales.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pep_Sounds View Post
Hi Azz! Is this the Channel 5 doc due to air at the end of the month? I think the One Show on BBC is picking up on all the media buzz about dog food and health/behaviour in papers and social media recently. I saw a review of the Channel 5 documentary today too, and am pretty interested in watching when it airs.

When I think about all the negativity we got from vets about changing to raw, and how they tried to sell us Royal Canin hydrolysed kibble, it makes me glad that it is all coming out in the wash finally, as I'm sure many thousands of people and pets have suffered through the years due to the commercial big brands holding so much sway both in public awareness/opinion, and with vets through their sponsored training, and incentivised in-practice sales.
I am not sure tbh - the email is from the production company. I didn't reply till gone 5 so I expect they will email me the details tomorrow. I'll add them to your post when they do

I agree with you about RAW, but it is not without pitfalls itself. Luckily our vet was pretty receptive to the idea when we put Rocky on it

We have a pretty good guide on Dog Food too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pep_Sounds View Post

Ash can I just add the programme on Channel 5 you mention above
The Truth About Your Pet Food, is on at 9pm next Thursday, January 30.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I agree with you about RAW, but it is not without pitfalls itself. Luckily our vet was pretty receptive to the idea when we put Rocky on it

I agree - it's not without pitfalls, but I think the very nature of it requires thought, awareness and vigilance - something which many big brands seem to discourage, and from the review of the channel 5 doc there appears to be a vet on record as saying something akin to "leave it to Mars and Nestle to work out what's best for your dog"

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
We have a pretty good guide on Dog Food too

I did not know that! Thanks for the link! I have been away a while and am still finding changes all around - I'm loving Breedia by the way! (also loving that Rhodesian Ridgebacks are in the top 5 most looked up! )