View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Aww wasn't she cute? I always wondered who "Little One" was when I read it in your signature. Now I know. Sad the way she passed away, totally unexpected

Also, the note... like you said it's unreadable for me but very interesting. What language is that? If I may ask?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Lexi died as quietly and peacefully as she had lived. I could leave her for four or five hours while I went downtown or to the shopping centre I used to love to go to, and she would be still sleeping on the couch when I got home. She never destroyed anything - she was the perfect little pup and the perfect dog. She did not even bark that much - but she was so happy and such a cuddle pup.

Myra the letter is in script - written Hebrew as against typed Hebrew, and even I can not translate it sufficiently to post for you. But I know what it means and so does my neighbour and the rest of the family. It basically just says that this is my home for life and that they can not increase my rent - and even if I cannot pay it will still be my home.

Or something like that.

It is not legal and cannot be legally enforced, but he gave copies to all his family and there is no way any of them would go against his wishes.

He was a wonderful man. He founded the first school on the Moshav and even to this day is known as "David HaMoreh" - David the teacher - not just on the Moshav but the times in the past I have been downtown or at the shopping centre and written a cheque and people see my address and it is Oh, do/did you know David HaMoreh because he used to teach me.

And sometimes people - not on Dogsey - ask me why I am here and why I stay here?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Well isn't that wonderful Malka. VERY nice of him to do that for you. Also, I never question why people live where they live. I understand that people have their reasons, and that those reasons aren't my business!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

22-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Rav David - David the Rabbi, David the teacher. Holding discussions three times a week amongst the older men on the Moshav, discussing Judaism. Teaching boys for their Bar Mitzva until only a few months before he died.

David who called me his sister and said I was almost from Djerba - called me a Djerbit!

He loved Lexi but never knew Pereg. He would have probably loved her too.

Trying to scan something onto the computer but do not know how.
mikieboy
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2014, 12:39 PM
It never gets any better does it you just learn to live with it x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-01-2014, 12:53 PM
I miss her. And I look at Pereg and wonder why she is what she is but I love her and know that she will be the last dog to ever share my life - she is just five years old and is so different from my Little One.

Rockabye baby
On the tree top
Don't worry Lexi
Mommy will not
Let you
Drop
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2