Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Pet planet dog stroller

Has anyone had any problems with these stroller? I have been trying to get a replacement wheel for the stroller as the wheels have shattered whilst my 2 chis were in it. Was crossing a busy main rd hit a pothole & the wheel shattered & I had to quickly grab the stroller & carry it off the road with my 2 babys in it. Pet planet have been extreemly unhelpful & I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I think you can imagine the fright I got especially when there was a double decker bus approaching us!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Hello, I believe that these same strollers were recalled in some places in America because of that exact problem.

I recall vaguely hearing about this type of issue before. I also don't think that replacing the wheel will truly do you any good, it will just break again at an extremely inconvenient time!

I'd... unfortunately, suggest purchasing a different brand for your doggies. Also, why give them your business if they won't even lend out a hand to their customers? Chalk this up as a bad purchase and try something else.

I'm sure you love your babies and it would be horrible for something to happen to them because of faulty equipment!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Have no experience of doggie strollers,sorry.That could have resulted in a very serious accident,must have been very scarey
Have been reading people's reviews on doggie strollers and I'm glad now I did.Always thought of them as a bit insane to be honest,never entered my mind that for some dogs and their owners they are a god-send. See them in a whole different light now
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Have no experience of doggie strollers,sorry.That could have resulted in a very serious accident,must have been very scarey
Have been reading people's reviews on doggie strollers and I'm glad now I did.Always thought of them as a bit insane to be honest,never entered my mind that for some dogs and their owners they are a god-send. See them in a whole different light now
I have seen Beagles 20 lbs too heavy riding in them, which actually bothers me because the dogs are too fat and need to be walking. I have also seen really fat cats in them :/

I can understand small dogs that can't walk very far but have to travel far for some reason should use them. They are also useful for aged dogs or dogs with luxelating patellas etc.

But like you... I tend to view them in a negative light because of the reasons some people use them.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I have seen Beagles 20 lbs too heavy riding in them, which actually bothers me because the dogs are too fat and need to be walking. I have also seen really fat cats in them :/

I can understand small dogs that can't walk very far but have to travel far for some reason should use them. They are also useful for aged dogs or dogs with luxelating patellas etc.

But like you... I tend to view them in a negative light because of the reasons some people use them.
Can see how some people would use them for no other reason only to pamper but the majority of reviews I read were from people like you said,with old or disabled dogs.Some blind,others recovering from an op and some that just couldn't walk.Its great that these dogs are still able to get out and go places
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Thankyou for your reply. Yes my dogs mean the world to me & would put myself in front of a bus before the dogs. I will NEVER use this company again! Can any one recomend where I can get a decent stroller x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 06:13 PM
What about e-bay.Customer reviews are always good on there,people will just say straight up what they think
Really hope you can find a good one
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry to be so blunt but why don't you let your dogs walk? They're dogs, not babies..
I don't mean this in a mean way btw. If your dogs have health problems or are very old and can't walk.. fair enough. But I've seen so many people who think their tiny dogs need to be carried or pushed in a stroller and don't let them walk and experience actual doggie experiences, it makes me shiver.
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:14 AM
My dogs do walk they also do agility & dog shows, they are put in the pram for travel & shows. I travel 17mls to work which I have to cross several main roads which are 50ml limits. It is not lazyness its safety 1st as not many cars will notice 2 wee chis unlike my staffies to slow down & allow me to cross over I only put this post up for users to tell me if they had any problems. X
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Did you have any luck,finding a new one?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >